Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up my bike 2 weeks ago, and with the very cold weather, I have only been able to ride her 200 or so miles (1.5 tanks of fuel). I have noticed that the bike sputters and hesitates (very lean condition?) while in first gear and starting out from a stop. When the rev's are up to around 1800-2500rpm and easy clutch actuation, I can launch the bike without much hesitation.

I have read on this site, that some folks are claiming that the sputtering is the 1050 triple and a characteristic of the engine. Others have claimed that it could be a too lean condition and the bike would need remapped (with stock exhaust), and just recently a fellow had gas spewing on his rear tire , which was caused by a poor fuel connection beneath the tank, and thus would cause a sputtering and hesitation.

I dropped the bike at the dealer for the luggage install, and front brake check, as well as a remapping if necessary. What gives?

·
Registered
497 Posts
If you are talking about the thread where some of us said it was "fluffy" at idle, it is, but that's at idle, not while pulling away. If the bike is sputtering, sure, take it in.

FWIW, I can still make mine stall whenever I want, and probably yours too (meaning everyone's) it just takes the right throttle on-off combo to confuse it. Never causes me any trouble in normal riding though.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Go down one tooth in the front sprocket to a 18T helped mine when I did.
The Daytona's come stock with a 18T, I got mine from one of the guys in the Daytona forum, they take their 18T off and put a 17T on theirs! :-D

·
Registered
159 Posts
The sputtering and hesitation does not sound right. My '06 runs smooth from startup. I hope they diagnose the problem.

[ This message was edited by: Alsworld on 2006-11-13 21:21 ]

1 - 5 of 5 Posts