Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 06 Speed Triple I bought with Carbon Fiber Jardine slip ons. The PO said the engine was remapped by the Triumph dealer when the slip ons were installed. On decelleration there is some popping and slight backfire. Is this normal or should I get a Power Commander or Tune Boy? Also the fan comes on pretty quick at a red light. High 80's to low 90's here in Louisiana.

·
Registered
2,298 Posts
Worry when the fan DOESN'T come on...popping is normal, you will get a little less if you get the proper tune, ( who knows if the dealer put the right map in unless you check ) removing the SAI probably gets rid of it ( you need a different tune for that as well ).
If you want to download tunes and do diagnostics, a Tuneboy is a valuable addition, don't waste your time with a PC.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks.
Worry when the fan DOESN'T come on...popping is normal, you will get a little less if you get the proper tune, ( who knows if the dealer put the right map in unless you check ) removing the SAI probably gets rid of it ( you need a different tune for that as well ).
If you want to download tunes and do diagnostics, a Tuneboy is a valuable addition, don't waste your time with a PC.

·
Registered
453 Posts
My 955 doesn't give a sh*t what tune I have, and I don't have SAI. She's gonna pop pa-pop pop on decel. Actually, I like the effect, sets me apart from those Japanese sewing machines.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My 955 doesn't give a sh*t what tune I have, and I don't have SAI. She's gonna pop pa-pop pop on decel. Actually, I like the effect, sets me apart from those Japanese sewing machines.
Can't we all just get along? "Rodney the King"

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Not sure what you mean. We're all getting along just fine.:confused:
Yea I am not sure either. Just skip it.
Actually I was making a joke about all Street Fighter type riders getting along. That could get real boring.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I have the jardines as well.... took it in to get remapped and it ran better but was still running too rich. I got in on a group buy on 675.net forums and purchased a tuneboy. I have only messed around with it a few times due to the fact that I have a mac and need to use my buddys laptop to run the tuneboy program. I have yet to see a tune out there made specifically for the jardines (maybe I'm not looking in the right places?). I hope to start seriously tuning it very soon. What map did the dealer load into yours? Oh yeah, still haven't figured out how to put my bike specs into my profile but I also have an 06.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I have the jardines as well.... took it in to get remapped and it ran better but was still running too rich. I got in on a group buy on 675.net forums and purchased a tuneboy. I have only messed around with it a few times due to the fact that I have a mac and need to use my buddys laptop to run the tuneboy program. I have yet to see a tune out there made specifically for the jardines (maybe I'm not looking in the right places?). I hope to start seriously tuning it very soon. What map did the dealer load into yours? Oh yeah, still haven't figured out how to put my bike specs into my profile but I also have an 06.
I just bought the bike with 2300 miles. The PO said the dealer had remapped it with a differnt chip. Who knows if anything was really done. Let me know on your progress with the Tuneboy. I talked to my Triumph dealer and they were clueless about using a Tuneboy.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts