Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4,978 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there...

Does anyone know whether the 2006 Speed III clocks/instruments have a 'count-down-to-empty' function? I have read about in various international web-based press reviews, but there is nothing in the owners manual or seemingly anything obvious on the clocks themselves...

Appreciate the help of the brain's trust!

·
Banned
5,284 Posts
On 2006-12-11 08:31, itchin wrote:
What exactly is it?
he's ask'n about a fuel trip. My yammy's had 'em, but that's the only bikes I've ever owned that had them. When the low fuel light comes on, a automatic trip pops up on the display, let'n ya know how far you have been with the low fuel(res) on. :hammer:

[ This message was edited by: cheapbastard on 2006-12-11 08:33 ]

·
Registered
344 Posts
i read that they had them too...i haven't found it either...do they have anything but the yellow light for fuel?...yeah cheap i had it on my r1 also...

·
Registered
336 Posts
When I was looking to buy the S3, I found as many magazine tests/reviews that I could find and there was a few of them (first test issues) that said it had that function.

It must have been something that was later deleted before the bike went into full production.

It would be nice, but if you ride "normal" you can plan on about 120ish miles before the light comes on and about 150ish miles before it's time to dismount and start pushing.

JOHN

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
Tell me Mr Obvious. When I was riding hard and leaning the bike over the other day, my fuel light came on with only 60 miles on my trip meter. Now do I trust the light, or my eyes that clearly saw about half a tank of fuel left.

Confused in West Palm. :-D

·
Registered
4,978 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I've had the same thing happen with my fuel light. I prefer my old BMW R100CS. When you run out of petrol you physically switch the tap over to reserve!

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
If there was a count-down meter, it would likely be a gallon off in either direction...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts