Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Greetings to the pack :D

first of all congrats, I am a 955i tiger owner(black - the fastest) since 06 and so far managed to find answers to all of my questions through this forum

I 've done 20k km with standard equip except from a Givi top box and a pair of triumph panniers. But this year Santa finally noticed the cub. I m getting some stuff for it and as order time approaches, any comments are welcome. The shopping list includes:

- Blueflame oval carbon dual port :eek:
Really like the single port as well (carbon-carbon tip). Does 1-2 ports really make any difference? Are the single ports ok for the tiger? Off road tune is part of the plan. Any point/way to fit a heat shield to it? (living in the south of europe, its always shorts here, missus will appreciate it). I guess it will look sh**e though

- tank cover. I saw a plain black on another tiger once (no stripes), but haven't been able to find it anywhere. Might have been a custom one, I m going for the bagster stripey

- screen. Probably the MRA. Not crazy about the spoiler but looks like it does the job

- hugger . The carbon NWS seems like a nice treat. Do the huggers fit straight on or mod required? Will the plain black suit better?

- handguards. I dont like the floppy factory ones, but cant seem to find any that offer serious wind protection, only looks. So far the ones from triumph online are the strongest candidates

- Rubber Just fitted a pair of Pirellis (Scorpion Trails). Only 100 km on them and it feels like a different bike.. awesome!!

- Air filter. K&N I guess.. Only the best is good enough! :cool:

- Lights. I m tired of being the one-eyed beast, looking for a way to have both headlights on, found some relays. Does that mean that the big scale is always on? Do white bulbs worth their money?

A quite expensive set but I m going for it, the cub needs a confidence boost now that the big brother is out there. Not sure if they will fit under the christmas tree ;)

·
Registered
382 Posts
I have the black NWS hugger on my silver 05 and it looks good,does a good job and fits staright on. I also have,and recommend :

Touratech engine bars,never been tested (thankfully) but top quality and good design which compliments the bike

Heated grips are a must

Gel seat

Aftermarket exhaust,i fitted TOR

Michelin Pilot Road tyres are excellent offering loads of grip,wet weather especially,and good wear

Relay so both headlights work

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
TiGr,

Welcome to the forum. Hope you enjoy the Tiger :)

If I had an xmas list for my Tiger it would be:

A bigger fuel tank.
More space to pack a very decent toolkit.
Adjustable trick front suspension.
A more comfortable seat.

When Triumph finally realise what a cock-up they've made of the 1050, they may revert back to a dual sports Tiger with all of the above - Are you listening Mr Chairman :confused:

·
Registered
166 Posts
does a 1050 tiger next to my older 2000 model count as an add on?

Ditto on the more comfy seat - the 2000 has a different seat than the later models - the foam and covering are better - but I would like something better still! (have a stock one I got off ebay - going out to get recovered in the next few months).

how about the factory designing an off road / driving light option for these bikes? Something that is designed to fit and the harness is modified at the factory to accept the plug for the relay.... with a nice switch in the handlebar light control.... (hey, it's a WISH list, right?)

·
Registered
119 Posts
Crash bars, Crash bars, Crash bars

Crash bars first if your wise, I favour Thunderbike's for max protection.
Bagsters will make there tank cover with no stripes I have one in black looks the dogs bits.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
forgot to mention, hepco-becker crashbars are already there

Do they make sidecars for the tigers??:D

·
Registered
119 Posts
stabiliser wheels for some of us?

Hey kick a Tiger when its been down.
Seriously without the bars possible damaged = left leg mashed, tank scuffed, fairing smashed, pegs smashed, brake lever bent, handlebars bent and so on.
In my book Thunderbike bars beat stabilisers any day.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
tank cover

oldabnker: Sounds bad, i try to avoid testing mine. also thanks for the hint on the tank cover. contacted bagster directly and apparently they make a plain black tank cover for all models! ordered, spot on

·
Registered
119 Posts
Tank Cover

tiGr
Could have been but the bars did there job, so me and the Tiger are fine.
Glad to help re the Bagster tank cover that what the forums about collective knowledge

SteveH

·
Registered
2 Posts
The thunder bike crash bars are awesome. iv'e put them to good use in boggy sand!! Have fitted highway pegs as well using angle iron and after market pegs!!

·
Registered
190 Posts
Handguard wise...i put 1150 GS handguards on my Tiger. They're a bit better and they bolt on as if they were made for it.

I'd snap a picture but my bike's in a crate in the US while i'm bikeless in Cyprus waiting for it. :(

1 - 13 of 13 Posts