Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally heard back from my dealer today about getting the draglink bolt recall work done.This has taken several weeks to get to this point!

He said they will also do the oil switch lead at the same time.

The correspondence is by email and his English is a little unclear but I think that is what he means.

Anyone heard of an oil switch lead recall? I assume a wire is to be replaced.

I have also asked him about my pulsing front brake and getting the master cylinder replaced under the goodwill warranty - but he hasnt commented on this so I'll be interested to see how this plays out :???:

Grant :cool:

·
Registered
205 Posts
Hi Grant,
I had my drag link bolt done a couple of weeks ago, never heard about an oil switch problem. However I just typed in my Vin number on the UK Triumph site to see if there are any outstanding recalls, and yes looks like I still have something outstanding .
Problem is they don't tell you what it is, could be OZ being a bit slow in informing the UK of the last recall work being completed.
Hope all is well in Taz.
Cheers Gavin.
PS. Was at PS today, ignition switch was loose, the service was excellent and they fixed the problem quickly and at no cost. They did however ask me to let you know that they did not have a "hissy fit" next time we were talking.
Obviously they are still tuning in!!!
PPS Steve, I think you are the worlds best service manager, honest. :-D :cool:

·
Registered
561 Posts
Gav,
it was me who said that PS had a hissy fit, and if PS are reading this, no I don't like you! Here in Tassie we have a different idea of customer service. Grant you will have to come to Tassie one day and have a play on our roads. I will be in NZ next year so hopefully we can catch up.

Cya Guys and ride safe The Tankman
:cool: :cool: :cool:

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
There was a coolant hose recall and drag bolt linckage recall.

Luggage recall(if you biought the old ones)

That's all I can find so far.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Hello I haven't been on here for a while.

I have sitting in front of me Page 3 of 7 of a Triumph Service bulletin. The heading on the page is, "1. Oil pressure switch connector and lead" This and a couple of other pages showed up in a box of parts from my dealer. When I asked about the bulletin the guy at the dealership said he had just forwarded the box of parts that had arrived from Triumph and knew nothing about it.

Page 5 of 7 title is "2. coolant bypass hose replacement". Page 7 of 7 is "3.rear brake hose routing" I know about the coolant and brake hoses but am blank about the Oil pressure switch connector.

"1. Oil pressure switch connector and lead" talks of cutting the sender and connector wire and replacing them. Nothing is said about what bikes or why.

·
Registered
896 Posts
I`ve looked at the triumph dealer website and cannot find a SB relating to this, does anyone know the service bulitin number for this subject and I`ll look it up
SB`s 375, 378, & 379 are the last ones for the sprint

SB 380 is the airbox plug for the thruxton
SB 381 is the brake caliper piston on the 1050 tiger VIN 287504 to VIN 301882
but there isn`t a SB 382 IMO

·
Registered
130 Posts
On the 5 pages I have their are no numbers other than some very small print along the LH side "2.2SB 361.fm"

On 2007-03-12 04:10, PeirreOBollox wrote:
I`ve looked at the triumph dealer website and cannot find a SB relating to this, does anyone know the service bulitin number for this subject and I`ll look it up
SB`s 375, 378, & 379 are the last ones for the sprint

SB 380 is the airbox plug for the thruxton
SB 381 is the brake caliper piston on the 1050 tiger VIN 287504 to VIN 301882
but there isn`t a SB 382 IMO

1 - 12 of 12 Posts