Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going tap into the brain trust here for a moment....

My 2005 Speed Triple has recently developed a low rpm stumble while accelerating under load. At some point between 1500 and 2500 rpm, the engine starts to mis-fire. Or at least that’s what it sounds like to me. Once the rpms are up, it smoothes out and runs like it should. The problem is sporadic and therefore un-predictable and mildly annoying. I’m approaching my 12,000 mile service interval, and will take it to the dealer if I have to... I am however hoping that I can sort this out on my own.

Thanks in advance for your input.

·
Registered
213 Posts
I had this problem. i did two things at the same time so i can not say which one was the solution.
Change your plugs
Then check to see if the water is escaping from inside the filler cap, this will be most evident just after you wash the bike.
If you have water around the rim just inside the filler cap, the overflow pipe is blocked. Clean it out !
The other thing i did that made a huge improvement in general was to clean my KnN filter.
Good luck.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts