Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am saying that after I was told it was a characteristic of the bike, which was bs, because the sound was new, I lost faith in it, and the person who told me that. To get rid of the noise/issue I traded the bike for a 09 Road King. It is terrible, because I really liked the bike, it was awesome. It was fast and fit my build well. I still have a Scrambler and love it. If it breaks I will get a manual and fix it myself! I am the type of person that once I lose faith in something, that's it. I did not even enjoy riding the bike anymore.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Life Is Full Of Choices

Or, you could have bought one of last years Rocket touring bikes for a few thousand off the MSRP.

But, we here in Wisconsin thank you for buying a bit of Milwaukee Iron with a base MSRP of $16,999 and helping to keep my neighbors employed. Be sure to buy lots of clothes and accessories so that Harley can maintain their multi-million dollar dealerships.

Cheers !!!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I still have my 07 Scrambler. It is a fun bike and I like riding it. The Road King will be fun as well. Made sure I bought extended warranty for I have owned a Harley. I will be good for 5 years. Still have faith in Triumph, just not my local dealers mechanics.

I read the threads and that's when I realized it was the spray can rattle. Dealer adjusted the "self adjusting" tensioner, changed oil. Took home, started it after it cooled and still the cam cover sounded as if something was going to come through it. Took it back, they tried again and then said I believe it is a characteristic of the bike. Nothing against Triumph, but my headache is gone. Dealer should have offered to fix with new tensioner, gears and chain if needed. They didn’t.

Noise is embarrassing, and if cam chain/gears fail while riding it can be catastrophic. I believe in safety first. I read that Triumph has improved the parts, so if it happens, ask for a good will fix. I will enjoy my Scrambler, enjoy your R3 and have fun riding. Be safe.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts