Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Copy of post in Mod / Workshot Talk forum, had a couple of responses, just posting it here, maybe someone has had a similar issue and knows fix.

So, this little plastic nozzle that attaches the front master slave cyclinder to the hand brake just snapped and spray brake fluidover me...I can deal with the laundry, but was quoted $85 for the part (apparently you have to replace the hold system and cannot buy just the plastic nozzle. So I challenge anyone to help me (PLEASE), there has to be a cheaper way to fix this, doesn't there??
Cheers mates,

Neil.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Copy of post in Mod / Workshot Talk forum, had a couple of responses, just posting it here, maybe someone has had a similar issue and knows fix.

So, this little plastic nozzle that attaches the front master slave cyclinder to the hand brake just snapped and spray brake fluidover me...I can deal with the laundry, but was quoted $85 for the part (apparently you have to replace the hold system and cannot buy just the plastic nozzle. So I challenge anyone to help me (PLEASE), there has to be a cheaper way to fix this, doesn't there??
Cheers mates,

Neil.
Not sure without the pics if this is what you're talking about but I just bought one of these Rizoma reservoirs - a 1000% improvement over the pathetic OEM sample cup and only $68 - comes with a spare nozzle too as seen in the pic.
P.S. Forgot to ask - did it strip the paint off everything it touched?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
photo of broken nozzle

Hi,
Here is the broken nozzle!!! brake fluid sprayed all over my tank...got to it quickly with soap and water but a small mark at seam with Triumph decal.

Attachments

·
Registered
404 Posts
Hi,
Here is the broken nozzle!!! brake fluid sprayed all over my tank...got to it quickly with soap and water but a small mark at seam with Triumph decal.
I see now! Youch - My only recommendation is cruising the classifieds or looking for one from a crash. Or just forking over the cash!:(
Good luck!
Steve

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Senior Member "RMAK" just graciously donated one to me...you cannot buy just the nozzle...whole system has to be replaced, cyclinder and all "$85 on Bikebandit"!!! It's not about the money, just they sheer wind-up that you have to replace it all.

RMAK...what a geezer you are!!

·
Registered
3,885 Posts
Not sure without the pics if this is what you're talking about but I just bought one of these Rizoma reservoirs - a 1000% improvement over the pathetic OEM sample cup and only $68 - comes with a spare nozzle too as seen in the pic.
P.S. Forgot to ask - did it strip the paint off everything it touched?
Now that is trick. Are these available from the normal thruxton parts pushers or do I go to the maker?

--Rich

·
Registered
404 Posts
Cool Reservoir!!! Thanks for the link...one question: Will the wide one work on our bikes as song as its a side outflow?
Peace:cool:
I'm fairly sure it will work - the reason I went with the skinny one is that I have the 1/4 fairing on my bike and it gets real close to the reservoir - I'm thinking the wide one is probably close in dia to the stock one - if the dimensions aren't on the website then e-mail them at PJ's and they'll tell you - they were very quick at responding to emails.
Good luck
Steve

·
Registered
98 Posts
If you are gonna spend $85 on a new master cylinder you might take a peek on ebay or wherever to see if you can get a better sportbike takeoff on there for around the same price. Several of the new Japanese liter bikes have radial master cylinders, etc... Heck there are some triumph ones from other models (like this) that look to be the same for really cheap.

Just need to check the handle bar diameter, etc. Also can't remember if the what the on the stocker triggers the brake light so that'd be a consideration.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts