Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

04 D600 Sprocket?

1K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  pwrmedic1 
G
#1 ·
I am thinking I want to gear my D600 a little lower. I was thinking of going to a 45 tooth sprocket from a 42. Do I need I longer chain? and has anyone done this before?

#2 ·
45 was the biggest you could put on a TT600 without using a longer chain. It is worth a try, as long as you haven't changed the front sprocket.

#3 ·
i dont know if you have already done the sprocket upgrade, but i put a 45 on the rear of my 04 daytona 600 with no problem. and boy did that make a differance in acceleration. with that full micron exhaust and triumph race tune, i can keep up with my freinds 06 R6 with power commander, temignoni can. well all the way up until i run out of gear.

#4 ·
#5 ·
I havent done the 520 conversion yet, but the ratio 3.14 seems a little steep.
what exactly are you wanting to achieve with this conversion? more top speed or more accelaeration?
I only ask because with that ratio your going to gain ALOT of acceleration, downside is youll lose alot of top speed.
check into a speedo correction device, because what your bikes speedo will be telling you that you are going much faster than you really are.
i didnt correct my speedo i just know at about 90mph on the bike im really closer to 72 mph actual speed (est. by police speedtrap).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.