Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey -

I installed a Jardine high pipe on my 04 955i Speed Triple. Saves a bunch of weight, looks better than stock in my opinion.

BUT

The conector pipe - melts the inside of my right heel. Bad.

SO

Anyone have any experience with a different connector pipe?

OR - BETTER YET

Anyone install a MotoGP style short muffler under the peg? I think I saw - somewhere - that a GYTR would fit up well.

I cannot give up any cornering clearance - I scrape the pegs as it is - and I'd not want to give up any torque, either.

I am not interested in an undertail exhaust - don't need more heat past the shock, battery, etc, and all that piping. I really want a short MotoGP style.

Ideas?

THANKS

Neil

·
Registered
63 Posts
I have the same problem on my 03 955 with a jardine. if i forget about it i for a while i'll get whiffs of burning rubber at stop lights...

is there an aftermarket heat shield or heat deflector that can wrap around the connector pipe? i know the TORS high pipe has one.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
more pics....

I looked at running the brace forward, but I'm an Engineer and not a Stylist - and the straight-up (90-degree-to-pipe) angle is more secure. Hey - I even painted it black!

Maybe up to the upper heel guard bolt..........

Here's a better picture.

Thanks

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts