Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Evening All,

Just finishing a 24k/2 year service on the beloved old girl. It's not that bad is it?

Hit a snag. All the lit says 2.8L should go in, I've just about managed 2L. There's a bleed on the right side of the rad which is full. I left the drain plug out of the block until the level came up to there so that's fine. Squeezing the hoses brought out the odd bit of air, but nothing much. Is there another bleed I don't know about? Have run it briefly in the garage and the levels dropped a small amount which I topped up. Fans and temp guage are all as wou'd expect and the rad and hoses are all heating up nicely.

Any ideas? Thanks All.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hi, I done mine today as well, it took the right amount. Did you take the big hose off the bottom of the radiator and drain it out of there? As long as its still full to the rad cap after youve gone for a ride, I wouldnt worry bout it to much.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Benji,

Think I sorted it today. The bottom hose comes out of the rad about 3" from the base, therefore the bottom of the radiator does not seem to get drained. The lesson I suppose is to flush well, then tip in the antifreeze, then chuck in the distilled water.

Strikes me the bleed would be better on the bottom as a drain!!
Thanks for your help mate.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts