Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Help dudes!

Realised a long ambition after years of 4 cylinder boredom and picked up my '03 S3 last March - I have totally fell in love with the bike but have a niggling problem just taking the shine off at the moment.

Bike had 3200 miles on clock when I got it. Previous owner had fitted a high level pipe and a remap to suit but this had been removed before I got the bike.

I soon noticed it was popping back a lot on over run which sounded great but I thought better get maping checked so took it to local dealer who loaded latest map - this reduced popping back.

After another couple of months though the bike started to cut out when coming to a halt about 50% of the time. I also noticed the tickover sometimes drops to about 800-900rpm.

I changed the plugs and this made no difference - any ideas coz the local dealer is trying to flog me a throttle body and valve clearance check for nearly £200 but I cant imagine these will need doing yet as the mileage is only 5300 now????

Cheers

·
Registered
112 Posts
Check the air filter, and find the appropriate map for your bike according to your VIN number from the site of tuneboy. Then go to your dealer and make sure he has uploaded that mapping to you. Don't touch the valves.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts