Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,can anybody give me advice on purchasing the four bronze bushes in the front forks of my rs its done 101,000 k,s and the shops here in aussie say there not on the triumph parts list.any advice would be apprieciated

·
Premium Member
24,386 Posts
welcome

Welcome to the forum hoodman:)

Don and I ask all our new members to please read our forum stickies just to acquaint yourself with how we do things here:)

This will bump you to the top and i am sure someone will know the answer to your question.

cheers
DaveM:cool:

·
Registered
95 Posts
Did anyone ever come up with an answer for this? The reason for asking is that I need to replace the bushes on my 99 sprint and my local bikeshop is saying that they are unavailable from triumph.

·
Premium Member
549 Posts
You could always get the bushings from Shock Treatment.

Tell them you need (1) FMBI 43151P & (1) FMBO 43152P

SHOCK TREATMENT
639 Greendale Rd.
Wallacia
NSW 2745
Australia
+02 4773 9115

Just as a note all years Sprint RS/ST take the same fork bushings.

EDIT: Also the Suzuki DR350 90-99 / DR350S 90-93 / DR350SE 94-97 use the same bushings.

Honda XR400R 96-04 / XR600R 88-00 use the same inner & outer as well.

I didn't check the numbers but there is a darn good chance that the seals are also the same, Maybe it could save you a few bucks getting them from a Honda or Suzuki dealer.

Tmod

·
Registered
95 Posts
Thanks Guys,

Its good to know that I can get the bushes, I thought i was going to have to go down the fork replacement route but if i can get the spares then I should be able to get mine rebuilt instead.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts