Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Here's my '03 Daytona 955i - has 3500mi - clean as a whistle... Has K&N and Trident undertail exhaust and has been tuned on the dyno using tuneboy. With these add-ons and a conservative map, the bike made 130hp and
65.5lbft at the wheel. The exhaust took me 8hrs to install - not your average slip-on! And the filter is a pain to get to - as shown, you must of course, remove the tank. I'll post better pics later. Here is a link to the video:

http://myspacetv.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=32081307

tell me what you think!:thumbsup:

Attachments

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Brad! I'll upload the dyno sheet when I can - It looks to me like I sacrificed a small bit of torque for a small bit of peak... But it makes some good noise!!, which is greater than anything.

·
Premium Member
3,434 Posts
JT, Don't get too hung up with dyno numbers. A chassis dyno is best used when a comparison before/after run is made on the same dyno. Differences in numbers can happen because of manufacturer of the dyno, the dyno's software and the dyno's weather station.

Brad

·
Registered
274 Posts
Dyno run 02 Daytona CE

I needed to get a puncture repaired so I threw the bike on the dyno whilst it was in the shop. 131 PS at the rear wheel seems good enough to me (allowing for drive line losses). It has a very smooth increase with no significant dips too. They said they had an 04 Fireblade in on the weekend and it peaked at 120-something PS.
Still, the torque is better than any other bike I have owned so a great result :p
I am a bit miffed they did not show the torque or air/fuel results.
Standard other than Triumph race can and mapping and it has done 28,000km's.

Attachments

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.