Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone!

I very recently acquired a complete '03 Daytona front end setup. The story on how I came across it is in the next two paragraphs, but the question is how do I get that front onto my '01 Legend?

One day I take my car in for an oil change at my local garage, and there it is, a black 955i Daytona! It's a little dirty and some of the bodywork was removed, but sure enough, there's the bike (one of the many, if I'm honest) that I've been lusting over for years. I immediately take a closer look and see it's obviously been sitting outside for awhile. Damn. The mechanic comes by and I ask for the story. Well, he was given the bike (with paperwork) by a younger guy who was in the process of moving and needed the bike gone - it hasn't run in at least 4 years. Score. The mechanic is a car guy, but was going to try to get the bike running and sell it for, he guessed, $1,500; I volunteered to be first in line to purchase.

Over the next few months I drive by the shop and see the bike inside the bay, looking relatively untouched. hmmm. Then, one day, I see it has transitioned to a spot behind the shop. hhhmmmmmm. I'd better ask what's going on with it next time I stop in for an oil change. Oil change day arrives, and I'm looking around and no bike? Sh*t, he must have sold it... then I see it, the front forks and wheel sitting on the floor. But something doesn't look right... I look closer... My jaw drops and heart sinks. It is literally the entire front of the bike, the frame is cut with a sawzall, or similar crude and evil device, behind the neck. So much for owning a Daytona. After going through the seven stages of grief in about 10 seconds, I recognise that this was probably done out of even greater frustration and desperation than I was currently experiencing. I ask what the plan is for the front, and there isn't one, maybe stick it on the wall as a decoration. So, I offer to buy it, and he just gives it to me, as long as I plan to use it and not sell it. As for the bike, and why this happened, the parts to get the bike up and running were more than the bike was worth.

So here I am, back on the ratnet, hoping that one of you fellow crazy loons, who love good suspension and brakes, has some advice on how to get this fitted to a Legend. It might also be worth noting that I would try to use a Speed Triple top yoke in order to fit handlebars.

Thanks everyone!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Would like to know how this turns out. Keen to put a 955 front end on my t bird. Have you dummy fitted yet to get any ideas on what to do? If it's not a bolt on fit do you think custom slab yoke is the go?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Would like to know how this turns out. Keen to put a 955 front end on my t bird. Have you dummy fitted yet to get any ideas on what to do? If it's not a bolt on fit do you think custom slab yoke is the go?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts