Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Help! Tore into the top end of my engine today due to an unfortunate event. Low speed gravel slide frame slider bent (didn’t save the Fairings) cracking the cylinder/valve case near the valve cover. Picked up a replacement case and I want to get it back together while I have the time this weekend and I don’t know how hard it will be to find a repair manual on a Sunday. If anyone could help me out on torque values for the case, the four cam bolts, the cam plate, and the valve cover. All help would be very much appreciated, thanks!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks Drakewn, that will get me in the direction I was wanting to go until I can pick me up one of those manuals. Thanks again.

·
Premium Member
3,434 Posts
4given, The way I read the manual you'll need to reseal the cylinder liners. You might want to hold off 'till you get a manual.

Brad

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Brad, I know thats what I need to do just was trying to get it done while I had the time this weekend. Probably going to order the manual off of amazon or something and wait till it gets here before I finish the project. Thanks for the input

1 - 5 of 5 Posts