Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
might anyone here have the factory part numbers for the throttle cables (push/pull) for a 2002 year Bonneville /T100 ?
I would greatly appreciate it!
Thanks Alot!

·
Registered
3,537 Posts
Guess you're going to buy one? BikeBandit has 'em under OEM parts, but the number may not be the Triumph number. I ordered a few for my bike recently. If you go to a dealer, they'll just ask make, model year and order it for you.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yea , thanks , Bikebandit does not use the oem p/n. I want to order Barnett cables but they need the oem number to verify. I hate to bug my dealer for parts that i won't be buying from him.

·
Registered
10,856 Posts

·
Premium Member
450 Posts
I've ordered one of these at my dealer because mine snapped. Although I booked my bike in last Friday to have it replaced the part didn't arrive in time. I'm told it has arrived now but they can't install it until after Easter. Anyone with experience know how hard it is to install these. I'll do a search and see if there's something on point.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Balto thanks however thats a very generic listing. I called Barnett today. They instructed me that I need the Triumph p/n to order them.
Thanks

·
Registered
3,537 Posts
I've ordered one of these at my dealer because mine snapped. Although I booked my bike in last Friday to have it replaced the part didn't arrive in time. I'm told it has arrived now but they can't install it until after Easter. Anyone with experience know how hard it is to install these. I'll do a search and see if there's something on point.
No, don't think it is difficult with the tank taken off. Open the cover at the throttle, pop out ends. Didi not look too close at carburetor end, but the same concept as the bar end. Might be a bit hard to get your hands in there.

·
Registered
234 Posts
really need them?

I thought I needed new cables last year, looked around and the price seemed absurdly high. So I decided to lube mine, I kept at it for an hour or so. I worked the cables in and out to pull the grease up into the shields. Did both ends of the cables with white lithium grease and now they slide nicely.:)
So it you haven't really gotten into them, you might try it. Mines an 2001 bonnie.

Good Luck

Hoopla

·
Premium Member
450 Posts
Thanks DavidC, I'm such a dumbass, I was doing two/three things at once. It's my speedo cable that need replacing (not throttle cable) Oh, the shame! .... :eek:

·
Registered
10,856 Posts
Balto thanks however thats a very generic listing. I called Barnett today. They instructed me that I need the Triumph p/n to order them.
Thanks
The linked page shows an "OEM" part number after the Barnett number. Is that not specific enough? I'm thinking of ordering a set of cables myself.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Balto ,
Thanks , that indeed is the Triumph factory p/n! However there has been more than one cable for Bonneville's. There are at least 2 styles possibly 3, 4 if you include the new fi models!
I spoke with Barnett yesterday , they specifically instructed me to obtain the oem p/n so that they can ensure that I receive the correct cable for my bike!
Thank you for noticing that , as we as humans usually miss the obvious. ie: bike won't run = turn the gas on dummy! I have been a parts man for 23 years , in completely understand how the need for the correct part in very important , and to almost NEVER guess.

·
Registered
10,856 Posts
I would bet money that the clutch and throttle cables for the carburetted 2001-2008 Bonnevilles and T100s (in the US) are the same, or at least interchangeable, because the motorcycle changed very little in those years.

But I don't know that for a fact.

In any case, I'm sure that your dealer can supply you with a part number.

·
Registered
630 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts