Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, it would seem my st has started to make a peculiar noise. I first noticed it when i was at a stop light and once i started to move I would hear some kind of noise from under my bike. After listening, I realized the noise only appeared when I stop and start up again. Today I decided to try and figure out what that noise was. I started just by hitting the gas like i normally would at a stop light then hit the brakes again and discovered that the sound only appeared when I used the rear brakes. So then I decided to try pushing the bike then hitting the rear brakes and that made the sound oh so clear and fairly loud. Basically it sounds like a clicking noise (think of the noise a zip tie makes when you are tightening it - but slowly - that's what it sounds like). I have absolutely no clue what is causing this, does anyone have any thoughts or possible troubleshooting ideas? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

·
Registered
890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Correction: Ok so this morning I made it a point not to use my rear brakes when stopping and I hear a metal clanking when I start up from a stop light. I thought at first that perhaps the chain was loose and perhaps the chain was making that noise so I tightened it up (it was loose by about 2-3 mm), but it's still making a clanking noise (so there are 2 different noises coming from it, one is the clicking from the rear brakes and the other is the 'metal clanking' when the bike begins to move from a stopped position). Any ideas? :cry:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts