Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As you may have recalled the Mars Rover mission that was supposed to last a few months has gone on for a few years... this week the rover finally died.. with its last message sent back to earth..

Taken from a News Report....

"The Mars Phoenix Lander today announced the end of its five-month mission with a cryptic message on Twitter, sparking a wave of heartfelt replies written in computer language.

"01010100 01110010 01101001 01110101 01101101 01110000 01101000 <3," read the final post on the MarsPhoenix Twitter account.

The message, written in binary, translates to "Triumph", with a "heart" emoticon at the end.

It is believed Phoenix is now frozen somewhere near the north pole of Mars without enough sunlight to power itself.

"The project team will be listening carefully during the next few weeks to hear if Phoenix revives and phones home," NASA said in an announcement today."

Also reported that there were no oil leaks.

·
Registered
145 Posts
mars

That was an amazing success for NASA. And the pictures sent back to earth were great, like being there. Too bad the press didn't pay more attention. Being a DC boy, I know that hard working federal employees do great work every day while the public usually only hears the screw ups and the political posturing. Ah well, that's life.

But I thought there were two rovers on Mars, both lasting far longer than predicted. Was I imagining that?

·
Banned
10,016 Posts
I was looking at the informaton on google and they evidently translated the message incorrectly. The binary sequence was off by one which changed the message entirely. It was translated correctly and this time read, "It is freaking cold here get me the hell out of here". :D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts