Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Concerning these 17 X 3.5 cast three spoke front wheels, if the axle and rotor part numbers cross, can the wheels be interchanged OK even if the wheel part numbers differ by year-model-color ?

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
the first gen sprints i.e. 99-04 wheels are all interchangeable. I beleive the different part numbers are due to the different colors. The rotors are all the same as well.

However the 2nd gen or 05 and up bikes are different. They run the same axel size and have the same brake calipers, but thats it. The spacing on the wheel is different as there is no speedo sensor up front and the rotors are a different bolt pattern.

I've explored using the 2nd gen wheel and may do it soon as it seems quite simple to do. find a wheel with rotors and rig up a speedo sensor and I'm set. Plust I already have an old GSXR speed pick up from the bro.

Why do you need a new wheel?

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Darn ken you beat me to the punch.:D

I forgot that the S3 and Daytona wheel will work as well

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the replies. I asked this because I have a nice 2001 Sprint wheel That I'm looking to find a new home for and wondered about what other Triumphs it could fit. My son has a 600TT, but all my Triumph experience has been with pre and post war 650 twins. These newer lightweight bikes are really amazing.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts