Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just seeing if there are any issues that I need to check out on the 01' speedy before I bring it home. I think I remember reading about the fuel lines having a plastic connector? I'm guessing i would have to take the tank off to check that out. Anything else that comes to mind?

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
The pink ones had a make up kit instead of a tool kit. The lipstick would melt and leave ann awful mess. :-D

·
Registered
491 Posts
The recall replaces the male fuel fittings which are on the end of the hoses with metal ones. The females on the tank stay plastic. You can check by removing the seat and the right hand seat plastic screws. Tank does not need to come off.

Get the VIN and get Triumph to check if any recalls are outstanding on the bike. Clutch cable should have been changed IIRC.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
You shouldn't have to take the tank off to see them, but you may have to remove the right side panels.

If you don't smell gas, you're fine. However, you may want to get a set of the $12 metal ones from the dealer before you take the tank off next (just in case).

Capt.

·
Registered
178 Posts
On 2006-12-05 13:54, Limey wrote:
The pink ones had a make up kit instead of a tool kit. The lipstick would melt and leave ann awful mess. :-D
Limey YOU suck!

I just spit eggnog all over my LCD!!!!! :lollol: :lollol:

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well, I hope the lipstick is my color and the shoes fit me well!! Other than that I'll have to take a look at the connectors and check on that cable. Just trying to get the loan and insurance figured out over the next few weeks and then I'll be taking it home. It's just gonna suck having to drive it when it's 0F out :(

1 - 9 of 9 Posts