Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
899 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, does anyone know of another brand bike that a rear brake caliper will fit on an 00 RS? I recently sold my RS to a friend and he messed up the rear caliper trying to take it off. There are no triumph ones on ebay, a new one is like 500 bucks, but I figured there has to be a suzuki or kawisaki caliper that will work. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

TT

·
Registered
899 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I didn't see that one. I'd have to check on the shipping though; was nuts a year ago. I still think there should be a jap bike caliper that will fit it.

Thanks,

TT

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hey, I was just wondering if you ever had any success with the rear caliper match?
I'm looking for exactly the same thing and trying to match one from a different bike is a total mare.

Ta

·
Registered
489 Posts
You might want to try looking up the stock rear brake pad part number for your bike and using an aftermarket pad catalog (Tucker-rocky, Parts unlimited) to see which other bikes use the same part number in a given aftermarket pad (EBC, Carbone Lorraine, etc).

Also, assuming your RS is the newer one in the higher vin break in the triumph catalog (above 139277), your caliper part number is 2023030-T0301, which is also used in 885cc carb equipped Tigers above vin 71698, all Speedmasters and Americas, and all Sprint STs.

Naturally you'll want to confirm these part numbers and cross-references before spending money.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts