Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The risers on my TBS have two separate riser clamps. I like the height of my risers, but I’d like to have the single clamp with the Triumph logo.
Does anybody know if the single clamp would line up with the holes on the current risers, so I can just replace the clamp and maintain the same height of my current risers?

Thanks in advance for the info....

Mike

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
I don't see any reason it would not fit. The spacing is determined by the mounting holes in the top of the fork. Also by the diameter of the handlebars. If all that is original, it should fit. I have one of the Triumph logo clamps on my '00 Legend with 7/8" bars. ...J.D.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't see any reason it would not fit. The spacing is determined by the mounting holes in the top of the fork. Also by the diameter of the handlebars. If all that is original, it should fit. I have one of the Triumph logo clamps on my '00 Legend with 7/8" bars. ...J.D.
Thanks J.D.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
They'll fit, but I believe they are all shorter than the TBS. That said, you may be able to just use the top cap. The bottoms are all separate.

Wait. I guess that's what you asked. Answer: I think there's a good chance it will work.
We’ll see soon, I just bought one from EBay. I’ll post a pic if it works.

Thanks

·
Registered
310 Posts
I thought about doing that once but ended up putting a handlebar clamp-on clock there, on the bar between the risers, which was more practical. Was always running late...and with big smiles...when on the TBS.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I thought about doing that once but ended up putting a handlebar clamp-on clock there, on the bar between the risers, which was more practical. Was always running late...and with big smiles...when on the TBS.
Thought about a handlebar clock, but it may say it’s time to go home.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I have a little clock that fits on the steering stem nut. I think I got it from eBay, but a quick look didn't find it.
I’ve seen one like this.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/MOTORCYCLE-CLOCK-STEM-MOUNT-FITS-ALL-JAPANESE-BRITISH-BLACK-DIAL-SHADOW-VULCAN/372019337334?hash=item569e149876:g:198AAOxypstRYvZl

But, when I’m on the bike, I don’t want to think about the time. Or look at my phone for missed calls or messages. I run a hundred miles per hour at work, and my phone never stops. I get on the bike to get away from all of that.

·
Premium Member
3,332 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts