Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From the CBR1000RR user manual.

What a breath of fresh air...>:) I remember the sticker on the tank on my Tiger, that looked like basic programming language...

If <300mi then 4000rpms
If <600mi then 5000rpms
If <800mi then 7000rpms

For a long 1000 miles...

Or something like that. What nonsense...>:)

·
2,946 Posts
I remember the sticker from when I bought my 2016 Speed Triple. I'll swear on a stack of bibles that I followed it to the letter, even with that bike's eager willingness to rev to the sky

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
The best way to run in any motor is don't labour it and don't over rev it for the first 500 miles an few quick squirts don't hurt it but not before the first 100 miles, but labouring a new motor does the most damage.
I been doing it this way on all new motors for over 45 years and have always got long life out of my motors, but the secret is good oil, oil and filter change regularly and maintenance.

Ashley

·
Registered
4,894 Posts
The best way to run in any motor is don't labour it and don't over rev it for the first 500 miles an few quick squirts don't hurt it but not before the first 100 miles, but labouring a new motor does the most damage.
I been doing it this way on all new motors for over 45 years and have always got long life out of my motors, but the secret is good oil, oil and filter change regularly and maintenance.

Ashley

Works good doesn't it. Same way I've broken in new cars or bikes !!!!

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
I made my dealership smile . Using tippex I mark 1/3 and 2/3 throttle , 0 to 500 first mark only 500 to 1000 second marker . I always plan on keeping a bike long term so like to run them in with care , good oil and filters changed regularly goes without saying .

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Works good doesn't it. Same way I've broken in new cars or bikes !!!!
Yep it works for me and any motor old or new should never be laboured and another thing I do for long life out of my bikes is I thank them after every ride with a pat on the tank for getting me home safe and for a great ride :grin2:.

Ashley

·
Registered
4,894 Posts
Yep it works for me and any motor old or new should never be laboured and another thing I do for long life out of my bikes is I thank them after every ride with a pat on the tank for getting me home safe and for a great ride :grin2:.

Ashley
Not only that, during the winter asking it how's it doing and that spring is going to get here....Also every time I walk by her I just touch her to let the bike know I still care. I'm sure this is one of the reasons, that she treats me so good.

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Not only that, during the winter asking it how's it doing and that spring is going to get here....Also every time I walk by her I just touch her to let the bike know I still care. I'm sure this is one of the reasons, that she treats me so good.
My bikes are never laid up for winter as we ride all year round, where not called the sunshine state for nothing, but I have been doing reno work and work on my Land Rover for the last 2 months and the bikes have been neglected and only ridden a few times in that time, but they understand as they haven't complained to me yet, but this weekend the 1200 will be out and about as I need to escape as I need my fix :grin2:

Ashley

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Guys, don’t give ideas to Triumph to include in manual “loving to be given to the motorcycle” for longevity. If they want you to not take the bike above 4K for 600 miles, asking for proof of love ain’t that impossible ..:laugh2:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts