CRG Arrow Mirrors Review and Question - Triumph Forum: Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums
Street Triple 765 Talk about the Street Triple 765 model

5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 28 (permalink) Old 08-21-2019, 05:41 PM Thread Starter
Grand Prix 250

I just replaced the “bunny ear” mirrors with a set of Arrows. Here’s a short review.

I decided to get rid of the stock mirrors on my R bc I was seeing way too much of my elbows and not enough behind me. I also didn’t like the way they look, but that wouldn’t have bothered me if they actually worked well.

I considered the Triumph bar end mirrors. They apparently provide a better view, but I’ve heard complaints about the vibrating at higher revs.

I finally came across arrows, which have excellent reviews. Yes, they ARE overpriced, but I also didn’t want to have issues with a Chinese knock-off.

My impressions so far is that they feel like a highly quality product. They feel robust. They give an excellent view of everything behind you. They are, however, more convex than most but not to the point where it’s a problem.

Not only are they functional, they look great. They go perfect with the Triple. Like they were meant for streetfighters.

One mistake I did was take them apart. Do not to do this. There so many parts for something as simple as a mirror. There are many small pieces, including tiny bb bearings, that can get easily lost. There’s also some type of goopy substance for the bearings that makes a mess. I was finally able to get everything back together, but it was a pain.

One question I do have for anyone that has replaced mirrors on the 765 S or R is whether I actually need a screw for the hole on the brake reservoir side where the old mirror was attached. The Triumph instruction manual seems to suggest you do, but it doesn’t appear that it’s necessary. I think the the screw on older triples held together the brake reservoir and that the manual just hasn’t been updated.

Thanks for the help

Last edited by stowanewb; 08-21-2019 at 05:49 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 28 (permalink) Old 08-21-2019, 08:31 PM
Grand Prix 250
Main Motorcycle: 2018 Street Triple RS

Other Motorcycle: 2018 Street Triple R
Extra Motorcycle: 2007 GSXR 600
We replaced the rabbit ears on my fiancÚ's R and ran without screws in the original holes for a week without any issues. She wanted some red screws to compliment the subframe and knockoff Arrows.

2018 Triumph Street Triple 765 RS
2018 Triumph Street Triple 765 R (fiancÚ's)
2007 Suzuki GSXR 600 (also the fiancÚ's)
post #3 of 28 (permalink) Old 08-26-2019, 09:23 AM
SuperStock
Main Motorcycle: 2019 Street Triple R

Garage
I stupidly purchased the Triumph bar end mirrors with my R and immediately regretted my decision. They're needlessly large, made of plastic, and are blurry as hell at highway speeds.
I replaced them with the CRG Lane Splitters for their simplicity and quality and couldn't be happier.
I had the Arrows on my last bike and loved them too. Just wanted to try something different with the Triumph.
I recommend CRG's to everybody.

Constant overstimulation numbs me; but I would not want it any other way!

post #4 of 28 (permalink) Old 08-26-2019, 10:27 AM
Grand Prix 250

Garage
Whats weird is triumph makes a set of metal bar end mirrors, they just don't come with the RS.

2018 Street Triple R
post #5 of 28 (permalink) Old 08-26-2019, 10:53 AM
ufo
Grand Prix 250
Main Motorcycle: 2018 Street Triple R

Lego, Atari and Subito like this.
post #6 of 28 (permalink) Old 08-27-2019, 01:26 AM
Grand Prix 125

I'd like to see some pics too.

Thanks.
post #7 of 28 (permalink) Old 08-31-2019, 12:37 AM
SuperStock
Main Motorcycle: 2018 Street Triple RS

Other Motorcycle: kdx200
Quote:
Originally Posted by DandyLion View Post
Whats weird is triumph makes a set of metal bar end mirrors, they just don't come with the RS.
My RS's bar end mirrors are metal.

They are OK. They do start to vibrate at higher speeds, which is not optimal.
post #8 of 28 (permalink) Old 09-19-2019, 02:59 PM
Production 125

Garage
I've got Arrows on my R and they look and work great (I found the stock mirrors were mostly only good for looking at my elbows).

The dealer sold me some OEM plastic plugs for the stock mirror holes but I don't have the part number handy. They were only a few bucks each, in any case. I put the flat back bar end finishers (A9630437) on and they look pretty all right, though unfortunately the dealer only ordered me one the first time so I'm still waiting for the other.

EDIT: I found the packaging for the stock mirror plugs and the part number is A9740065. Also got my second finisher in. The finishers don't look perfect because they're really meant to go with the Triumph bar end mirrors (the RS comes with them installed), but they do look a lot better than just leaving it with no end cap.

Last edited by OthelloOcelot; 09-20-2019 at 07:00 PM.
post #9 of 28 (permalink) Old 09-24-2019, 12:43 AM
Formula Extreme
Main Motorcycle: 2018 Street Triple 765 R

Other Motorcycle: 2009 Buell XB12R
Extra Motorcycle: 2000 Buell Blast
I got the CRG knock-offs (many pictures in at least two other threads of mine) for $29 or so. They were going to be placeholders just to see if I liked the solution before spending the $$$ on CRG's.

I liked them so much they are at more than 18 months on the bike. Super solid, great construction/fit/finish, and the optics are very clean. Glad I went the $29 route instead of the triple digit "real" Arrows.

I've detailed this more thoroughly in the threads on my bike and all my modifications/additions in early 2018.

Not knocking the genuine CRG mirrors, but chiming in to say that my experience with the very inexpensive look-alikes turned out to be so good I never felt the need to upgrade. I should also note that I am *very anal about my bike and its looks - again, lots of pictures on my other threads bear witness to that. This was one case where (at least for me) a super low dollar solution worked out very well.
post #10 of 28 (permalink) Old 09-25-2019, 02:13 PM
SuperStock
Main Motorcycle: 2019 Street Triple R

Garage
As requested, pix of the CRG Lanesplitters.
They fold flat inward.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2551.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	2.67 MB
ID:	656682  
Triumph-nut likes this.

Constant overstimulation numbs me; but I would not want it any other way!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply
All posts must adhere to Forum Rules

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Triumph Forum: Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter your valid email address, that can receive an automated confirmation message. Otherwise, you won't be able to gain full access.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode