Triumph Forum: Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums

Triumph Forum: Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums (https://www.triumphrat.net/forum.php)
-   Street Triple 765 (https://www.triumphrat.net/street-triple-765/)
-   -   Just Noticed a New Pet Peeve (https://www.triumphrat.net/street-triple-765/956726-just-noticed-new-pet-peeve.html)

OneEyeMan 07-10-2019 07:58 PM

Just Noticed a New Pet Peeve

Why do the trip meters not indicate tenths of a mile?
AAAAARRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHH!
You're trying to find some place you've never been before, and the directions say 6.7 miles.
How do you know when to start looking for your destination.
I know, I'm petty.
But that's my biggest gripe about the bike. :grin2:

Garageguy 07-10-2019 08:04 PM

Easy fix. Go 7 miles, turn around, and head back a little ways. It'll be closer to the 7 mile marker 😆

kawabunga 07-11-2019 12:46 AM

Clutch cable that block the dash. That was my biggest little gripe.

Dealz 07-11-2019 12:44 PM

Ugh that clutch cable is the absolute worst. I have moved it several times to no avail. If it's not blocking the dash it's blocking the key hole. I've given up!

CR_Biker 07-11-2019 07:31 PM

My clutch cable was incorrectly installed at the factory and wore through the sleeving in a month, I took it to the dealer and they agreed to change it under warranty. Three months later they are saying the part is back ordered and they do not know when they will have one for me. A clutch cable! Really? I am going to give them a couple more weeks then take it up direct with Triumph HQ, this is nuts. Luckily the bike is totally rideable but even so....

Joseph Hanna 07-11-2019 10:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CR_Biker (Post 2003964938)
My clutch cable was incorrectly installed at the factory and wore through the sleeving in a month, I took it to the dealer and they agreed to change it under warranty. Three months later they are saying the part is back ordered and they do not know when they will have one for me. A clutch cable! Really? I am going to give them a couple more weeks then take it up direct with Triumph HQ, this is nuts. Luckily the bike is totally rideable but even so....

Yea I had a similar “eye-opening” experience when I needed a new throttle grip. (Long terrible story unfortunately brought upon by myself). That said, and from memory, I think I was quoted something like 6 months before it would be available. I was facing 6 months downtime. Fortunately someone here on the forum came though with a spare but that would’ve been horrific otherwise.

As a side note I never had to elevate it to the UK but still.....