Bidding farewell, finally got an Italian - Triumph Forum: Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums
Street Triple 765 Talk about the Street Triple 765 model

26Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-02-2019, 12:18 AM Thread Starter
Formula Extreme
Main Motorcycle: 2017 Tuono 1100 Factory

Other Motorcycle: 05 DRZ400SM & 75 CB550F
Extra Motorcycle: 79 XS650 Street Scrambler
Bidding farewell, finally got an Italian

Well, it finally happened, I bought a Tuono! I knew it was eventually going to happen someday, but not under the circumstances that it did.

A few weeks ago I was involved in an accident while riding my RS home from work. I'm going to refrain from the details, but the collision involved me flying over the car after impact. Both the car and the bike were totaled, I ended up with a couple broken bones and some real nasty bruises, but all things considered I am fortunate that was all that happened. It was a terrifying experience to say the least, but I'm still alive and vehicles can be replaced.

Which leads me to this juncture. I've lusted over Tuonos for years now. It has always been a "halo bike" for me. I've had a couple opportunities to test ride them and ever since they've never left my brain. Recent iterations of the bike have really shown improvements in the overall package and reliability of the platform. With the sudden departure of my 765 RS, I thought that this was as good of an opportunity as ever to finally pull the trigger. I had plenty of time to shop while I lay on the couch and heal, and I came across one that checked all the boxes.

I now welcome into my garage a 2017 Aprilia Tuono V4 1100 Factory with just shy of 7k miles, a number of nice accessories and in excellent condition.

I know I'm going to miss my Striple. I really did enjoy that bike...a lot... I wholeheartedly believe the Street Triple is one of the best bikes ever made. But I've had Triumph triples for five years now and I'm not one to sit still for very long; it's time to try something new and spicy. Italian spicy! Dear lord, that V4 makes such a delicious racket! It's going to be weird not having a British bike in the garage but I'm excited to see what living with an Italian is like. I'll still hang around here, Triumph bikes have a special place in my heart and I fully expect to own another someday.

For now, I get to stare at it as I go to my truck instead of saddling up in the morning. I cannot wait until I'm cleared to ride again! It's torture walking past this beast everyday. Soon can't come soon enough!

Ride safe, everyone!

Too many pictures because it's pretty...

2017 Tuono 1100 Factory, 2005 DRZ400SM, 1975 CB550F, 1979 XS650 Street Scrambler, 1983 Goldwing GL1100 Aspencade, 1975/79 XS650 Current project
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-02-2019, 01:30 AM
Minitwins
Main Motorcycle: 2017 Panigale 1299 S Anni

Other Motorcycle: 2018 Street Triple RS
Beautiful. Congrats! I've been very close to adding a tuono to the stable for a couple years now.
kawabunga likes this.
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-02-2019, 01:55 AM
Grand Prix 500
Main Motorcycle: 2017/18 Street Triple RS

Garage
I lust for the Tuono myself, some day... Your bike looks great! All the best and glad to hear you're all mended and riding again.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
kawabunga likes this.

Previous rides:
2013 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R (636)
2005 Honda Hornet CB900/919
2001 Honda Hornet CB250
2000 Bajaj Pulsar P180

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-02-2019, 12:01 PM
Formula Extreme
Main Motorcycle: 2018 Street Triple 765 R

Other Motorcycle: 2009 Buell XB12R
Extra Motorcycle: 2000 Buell Blast
Very happy to hear that you're all right....sorry about the accident!

The Tuono looks marvelous...and crazy fast....
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-02-2019, 12:13 PM
ufo
Grand Prix 250
Main Motorcycle: 2018 Street Triple R

Sorry to hear about the accident. Way to turn a bad thing into a new opportunity though!

The bike is gorgeous. I've been lusting after one myself for quite a while. Enjoy!
kawabunga likes this.
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-02-2019, 02:05 PM
Grand Prix 250
Main Motorcycle: 2019 Tiger 1200 XRT

Great bike, glad something good came out of your awful accident, hope you mend properly and get plenty of enjoyment out of you new love.
kawabunga likes this.
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-02-2019, 06:02 PM
Supersport 400
Main Motorcycle: RS 765

Congratulations, Kawabunga!

Beautiful new bike!
kawabunga likes this.
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-02-2019, 06:08 PM
SuperSport
Main Motorcycle: 2003 Thunderbird Sport

Other Motorcycle: 2007 Triumph Speedmaster
Extra Motorcycle: 2012 Harley Fat Boy Lo
Thatís a beautiful bike, congratulations. Too fast for an old man like me, but I can see the appeal.
But, be careful. Sounds like you were lucky to walk away from the last one. Glad youíre okay.
kawabunga likes this.

Mike
Jax Fl.
2007 Speedmaster
2003 Thunderbird Sport
2012 Fat Boy Lo
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-02-2019, 06:14 PM
Grand Prix 250

Garage
Beautiful bike. Most people I encounter who have had a wreck don't come out of it so gung ho to getting back on a motorcycle, cheers to that.
kawabunga likes this.

2018 Street Triple R
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-02-2019, 06:27 PM
Site Supporter
Commentator
Main Motorcycle: 2013 Street Triple R
Lifetime Premium

I don't think it's possible to post too many pictures of a Tuono. Sorry to hear of your crash, but it sounds like you came away from it much better than you could have. Heal quickly and completely and enjoy the hell out of that Italian goodness. To tell the truth, I've seen some stories about a possible new twin cylinder RS660, and hoping a Tuono 660 isn't too far behind. I've long said my 13 R could be the last bike I ever buy, but since I busted that when I bought the RC390 track bike, who knows what could happen.

https://motorbikewriter.com/aprilia-...concept-tuono/
kawabunga likes this.

Just because I'm paranoid, it doesn't mean the whole world isn't out to get me.
Words mean things.

My life is not without meaning. I can be held up as a bad example.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply
All posts must adhere to Forum Rules

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Triumph Forum: Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter your valid email address, that can receive an automated confirmation message. Otherwise, you won't be able to gain full access.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode