2Likes
  • 1 Post By mattco
  • 1 Post By nomoreluke

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-28-2019, 10:48 AM Thread Starter
Production 125

Brand new 765 RS - mod advice?

Hello all,

Hope you're enjoying the (northern hemisphere at least) summer.

I have just purchased a brand spanking new Street Triple RS and am keen to add a few upgrades almost immediately but I had a few questions. Worth noting beforehand that I live in the UK. The potential mods are as follows:

1. Austin Racing GP Round exhaust or...
  2. SC Project S1 exhaust
  3. Evotech tail tidy
  4. Evotech radiator guard
  5. Evotech footrest blanking plates
  6. CRG Arrow bar end mirrors
  7. ECU re-flash from Hilltop Motorcycles

So, my initial question is... Which exhaust would you guys recommend?? Being based in the UK, there won't be any nasty extra tax charges for the Austin Racing slip-on and I've heard very mixed reviews about the SC Project ones - some people have reported some REAL problems with fuelling, etc. after adding them.

Secondly, the re-flash (in addition to a small increase in power and torque) apparently adds a few more data points on the electronic throttle, smoothing out that initial throttle lag a little. Anyone have any experience with Hilltop? They have a very good reputation as far as I've heard, but obviously would like to hear from anyone who has used them?

Thanks guys!!

2006 K6 Suzuki GSX-R1000
- Scorpion Exhaust/Braided Lines/Marzocchi levers/ECU re-flash

2019 Triumph Street Triple RS
- No mods... Yet!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-29-2019, 12:56 AM
Grand Prix 125
Main Motorcycle: Street Triple RS

Iím in the same position as you - just traded in my Bonnie for an RS yesterday. I went with the S1 Exhaust but didnít come in time when I picked up the bike so Iíll get it on the 500 mile service. From what I hear though, fuelling issues arenít a problem or if they are, they resolve themselves with a 12 minute reset.

Along with the evotech mods you mentioned, I also picked up fork sliders, rear bobbins and some GB Racing engine covers. Still need to get some frame sliders but will do when at the same time as the exhaust.

I got the pillion peg delete kit from evotech but donít think Iíll use them - still in packaging if you want them for less than retail?

No help on the tuning though!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
nomoreluke likes this.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-29-2019, 08:51 AM Thread Starter
Production 125

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattco View Post
Iím in the same position as you - just traded in my Bonnie for an RS yesterday. I went with the S1 Exhaust but didnít come in time when I picked up the bike so Iíll get it on the 500 mile service. From what I hear though, fuelling issues arenít a problem or if they are, they resolve themselves with a 12 minute reset.

Along with the evotech mods you mentioned, I also picked up fork sliders, rear bobbins and some GB Racing engine covers. Still need to get some frame sliders but will do when at the same time as the exhaust.

I got the pillion peg delete kit from evotech but donít think Iíll use them - still in packaging if you want them for less than retail?

No help on the tuning though!

Thanks mate!! Did you pay any taxes when the exhaust was sent over - it's sent from the US, no?

Yes to the pillion delete kit if you're defo not going to use them??

2006 K6 Suzuki GSX-R1000

- No mods... Yet!!

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-29-2019, 11:27 AM
Grand Prix 125
Main Motorcycle: Street Triple RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomoreluke View Post
Thanks mate!! Did you pay any taxes when the exhaust was sent over - it's sent from the US, no?

Yes to the pillion delete kit if you're defo not going to use them??

The Triumph dealer ordered the exhaust in direct when I bought the bike. I think there is a UK distributor but canít remember the name off the top of my head - probably where he ordered from too. They may be out of stock which is causing the delay though.

SC Project are an Italian company company so you should be good to find one in the EU without having to pay any import duty from US.

Iíll drop you a PM once Iíve made sure the peg deletes are still in the garage!

post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-29-2019, 07:37 PM
SuperStock
Main Motorcycle: 2019 Street Triple R

Garage
See my post below; "Suspension Tune"
Don't even think about spending money on the bike until you get the suspension properly tuned to your weight.
You'll thank me later.

Constant overstimulation numbs me; but I would not want it any other way!
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-30-2019, 04:02 AM Thread Starter
Production 125

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneEyeMan View Post
See my post below; "Suspension Tune"
Don't even think about spending money on the bike until you get the suspension properly tuned to your weight.
You'll thank me later.
Yeah, good advice mate. I’m pretty confident with tuning the suspension myself. The test bike I rode DEFINITELY needed some changes - I’m not sure if it’s how they are set up as stock but the rear was WAY too hard and the front too soft. Rear wheel was skittering all over the place with some mid-corner bumpiness but it was obviously a suspension issue, so it didn’t put me off. If I can’t work out some sexy suspension settings, I’ll definitely take your advice and take it to an expert. Thanks man!!
OneEyeMan likes this.

2006 K6 Suzuki GSX-R1000

- No mods... Yet!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply
All posts must adhere to Forum Rules

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Triumph Forum: Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter your valid email address, that can receive an automated confirmation message. Otherwise, you won't be able to gain full access.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode