New Street Triple 765 Owner, Its Good To Be Back - Triumph Forum: Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums
Street Triple 765 Talk about the Street Triple 765 model

6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-13-2019, 07:10 PM Thread Starter
Supersport 600
Main Motorcycle: 09 Street Triple R

New Street Triple 765 Owner, Its Good To Be Back

Well I have finally had the opportunity to get a bike, I picked up a Street Triple R. Not sure if any members remember me but I was active on here before I totaled out my 09 Street Triple R. So I am glad to be back on two wheels again I missed that triple purr.
xorbe and JonSF like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-14-2019, 08:00 PM Thread Starter
Supersport 600

Well picked up the bike today. I sure did forget a few things. BREAK IN SUCKS. The mirrors are so bad I don't think they are even usable I will try and adjust them but not sure that will work. I did wind up getting rained on so yes always fun on a motorcycle. Takes awhile to shake off the riding cobwebs, like the first ride in spring a few years have gone by. I can't believe how much fun I had I am grinning from ear to ear. Loving my new ride.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-15-2019, 05:47 PM
Grand Prix 500
Main Motorcycle: 2018 Street Triple R-LRH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin324 View Post
Well picked up the bike today. I sure did forget a few things. BREAK IN SUCKS. The mirrors are so bad I don't think they are even usable I will try and adjust them but not sure that will work. I did wind up getting rained on so yes always fun on a motorcycle. Takes awhile to shake off the riding cobwebs, like the first ride in spring a few years have gone by. I can't believe how much fun I had I am grinning from ear to ear. Loving my new ride.
The stock R mirrors are terrible and are usually the first thing to go. Luckily, the bike accommodates any 7/8" bar end mirror with ease.

I was running the CRG Arrows but didn't like the shade of color, so switched to the $23 MZS knockoff and they appear to be serviceable, and you can't beat the price. Several other members here run them.

You will obviously end up with the empty mirror mounts, but they can be swapped out with one without the mount. The clutch side is easy to find, but I've had a hard time finding a brake side one.

2018 Street Triple R - LRH, Crystal White - ASV levers, passenger peg delete, tailtidy, and cowl.

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-15-2019, 10:10 PM
Formula Extreme
Main Motorcycle: 1938 Speed Twin

Quote:
Originally Posted by graniterid3r View Post

You will obviously end up with the empty mirror mounts, but they can be swapped out with one without the mount. The clutch side is easy to find, but I've had a hard time finding a brake side one.
I believe it's a M8 thread size, just go get a bolt from any hardware store, stick it in the hole and paint it black. Done and done. Looks like it's supposed to be that way.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-16-2019, 12:10 PM
Grand Prix 250

Garage
If I remember correctly it is m10 1.25mm

2018 Street Triple R
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-16-2019, 05:15 PM Thread Starter
Supersport 600

Thanks for the mirror info. I am looking at options right now.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-16-2019, 11:48 PM
Formula Extreme
Main Motorcycle: 2018 Street Triple 765 R

Other Motorcycle: 2009 Buell XB12R
Extra Motorcycle: 2000 Buell Blast
Yep on the bolt fix for the empty mounts. I found red anodized bolts, and the mounts look completely customized at this point. I get *loads of compliments on the way they look - and it was a hack to just "fill in the holes".

Concur with the cheap knock-offs. I got CRG Arrow 'copies' on ebay - and they've been rock solid (and useful). I use the R&G bar end sliders to finish off the look and cap the bar ends after mounting the mirrors on the clamp extension. Note that the R model already has the narrowed bar extension to use clamp-on type mirrors.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-17-2019, 10:17 AM
Grand Prix 250

Garage
haha, I ordered red from pro-bolt usa as well.

2018 Street Triple R
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-17-2019, 11:36 AM
Grand Prix 500
Main Motorcycle: 2018 Street Triple R-LRH

Quote:
Originally Posted by DandyLion View Post
haha, I ordered red from pro-bolt usa as well.
You can also get m10 blanking caps for cheap: https://www.ebay.com/i/282637727938?chn=ps.

It can be used to add a Ram Mount, so there is some usability in keeping it.

However, even with a blank there I found it to be an eyesore, and wanted to swap to a clean clamp.

2018 Street Triple R - LRH, Crystal White - ASV levers, passenger peg delete, tailtidy, and cowl.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-20-2019, 11:16 AM
Formula Extreme
Main Motorcycle: 2018 Street Triple 765 R

Other Motorcycle: 2009 Buell XB12R
Extra Motorcycle: 2000 Buell Blast
Quote:
Originally Posted by graniterid3r View Post
It can be used to add a Ram Mount, so there is some usability in keeping it.
Which I also did (on the left). I can interchange the small red bolt when not needing the mount - or just screw in the RAM mount easy peasy. I spent some time sanding and painting the RAM mount's "post" red as well - so everything is color coordinated and looks integrated with the bike as a whole.
DandyLion likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply
All posts must adhere to Forum Rules

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Triumph Forum: Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter your valid email address, that can receive an automated confirmation message. Otherwise, you won't be able to gain full access.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode