What helmet type do fellow 765 riders wear? - Page 4 - Triumph Forum: Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums
Street Triple 765 Talk about the Street Triple 765 model

4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-09-2019, 04:30 PM
SuperStock
Main Motorcycle: 2018 Street Triple RS

Other Motorcycle: kdx200
Quote:
Originally Posted by KD765 View Post
Bell Race Star Flex.
It is very light and does very well on a naked bike.
Best helmet i've ever used.

I loved my last arai with my D675 but it was not the best when i moved to the RS.
Nice. That's what I am looking to pick up as well. I think for the money it's the most advanced tech safety street helmet on the market.

Do you experience any head buffeting?

I am using the powerbronze windscreen now and it seems to have moved the airflow right above my helmet.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-10-2019, 07:30 PM
Formula Extreme
Main Motorcycle: 2018 Street Triple 765 R

Other Motorcycle: 2009 Buell XB12R
Extra Motorcycle: 2000 Buell Blast
Quote:
Originally Posted by poster View Post
Nice. That's what I am looking to pick up as well. I think for the money it's the most advanced tech safety street helmet on the market.

Do you experience any head buffeting?

I am using the powerbronze windscreen now and it seems to have moved the airflow right above my helmet.
I have the Race Star (Ace Cafe' version...also with the flex tech), and I'm not noticing any noticeable head buffeting. Of course, with the stock flyscreen (or even the small Triumph extension), there's going to be *some* buffeting at higher speeds...because, you know, physics....:-)
poster likes this.
Old 06-11-2019, 08:09 PM
Grand Prix 125
Main Motorcycle: '19 Yamaha R6

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by vicenzajay View Post
I have the Race Star (Ace Cafe' version...also with the flex tech), and I'm not noticing any noticeable head buffeting. Of course, with the stock flyscreen (or even the small Triumph extension), there's going to be *some* buffeting at higher speeds...because, you know, physics....:-)
RF-1200 all day every day.

We have the power to rebuild her.

Old 06-11-2019, 08:25 PM
Grand Prix 500
Main Motorcycle: Bonneville T100

Scorpion has always fit my head shape, which I guess is long-ish, very well. When they announced that the R420 was engineered to fit more of an "American long" head shape than their previous models, I tried one, and it's very comfortable. A very wedgy look, not nostalgic at all, but I bought a plain white one and put vintage Martini Racing stripes and decals on it.

It's the first helmet I've had that doesn't have a tab toward the side of the face shield to flip it up. It has a little doober in the center of the shield to lift and lower it, and if you push it down hard enough it locks in place for a wind and rain seal. Supposed to be easy to raise and lower with either hand. I'm still getting used to it, but it's super comfy and vents very well. And FortNine seems to like it... so there's that.

Was surprised about the initial quality, however. I've bought Scorpion for years, and this was the first one I got that looked terrible. Obviously slipped through their QC, and looked like it hadn't been finish sanded before it was painted.

Scorpion HQ is a 30 minute ride from my house. Rather than sending pictures back and forth to the dealer where I bought it (not close, and shoulda opened the box before I left), I took it straight to them. They apologized profusely, and replaced it.
vicenzajay and DandyLion like this.

Lone Commuter of the Apocalypse
2012 Bonneville T100
2013 Honda CB1100

Last edited by Gone in 60; 06-11-2019 at 08:27 PM.
Old 06-13-2019, 05:38 PM
Production 125

Other Motorcycle: 1999 Kawasaki Vulcan 1500
Not the best shot but I have a Bell Star with the gold lens.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190413_134135.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	136.3 KB
ID:	645364  
Old 06-13-2019, 07:28 PM
Supersport 600
Main Motorcycle: 09 Street Triple R

Well I am going off my experience on my 09 Street Triple R but close enough. Started off with an Icon helmet I got for doing my MSF class. I road with it for a year and upgraded to a Shoei RF 1100. It was a great helmet, quiet, didn't fog riding in cold weather, and great in a crash. I picked up a new RF1200 for the new bike.

I did wear sunglasses under the helmet and it was still comfortable to wear. The visors can be swapped out very easily if you needed to change them from a tinted one to clear. Just wanted to point that out.
Old 06-26-2019, 01:56 AM

Another RF1200 wearer here. Love it. Bought myself the photo transition visor (yes, expensive) and itís awesome. No glasses, no switching visors.
Old 06-28-2019, 10:24 AM
Production 125

A Shark Spartan Carbon...

Cannot recommend it highly enough. Last summer I binned it hard enough to burst the blood vessels in my eyes, snap my femur, force 2 metacarpals out the back of my left hand and crack 2 vertebrae. Didn't even have a headache afterwards.

Of course, that might have had something to do with the nitrous, ketamine, morphine and fentanyl that I was liberally dosed with but still... I bought another one.

2006 K6 Suzuki GSX-R1000
- Scorpion Exhaust/Braided Lines/Marzocchi levers/ECU re-flash

2019 Triumph Street Triple RS
- No mods... Yet!!
Old 07-01-2019, 04:04 PM
Production 125
Main Motorcycle: 2018 Street Triple R LRH

Quote:
Originally Posted by rss29 View Post
I went to lidpicker.com and paid the $15 or whatever it was for their fit recommendations. They send you some calipers to measure your melon then send you a detailed list of helmets that fit your head size and shape. They don't have all helmets-just the ones they sell, I think. It's a big list though.

I went with their recommendation, an Arai Signet X. I should have done this 4 helmets ago. The fit is perfect with no hotspots. Finally found a helmet that fits my long oval head.

Back to the OP question- I alternate between my Arai Signet X and my Arai XD-4. That one is nice because it has a peak I can use to shade my eyes from the sun on my early morning eastbound commute. I also have a Sena mounted in the XD-4 so I can listen to the radio while sitting in our horrible traffic.
How long did it take lidpicker to send the fitting kit?

Current bike: 2018 Street Triple R LRH 765
Past Bikes: 2013 Street Triple R 675; 2006 Honda 599 (CB600F); 1986 Honda 450 Rebel; 1999 Honda 250 Nighthawk
Old 07-01-2019, 11:41 PM
Grand Prix 125

Other Motorcycle: 2018 Kawasaki KLX 250
What helmet type do fellow 765 riders wear?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessSTR View Post
How long did it take lidpicker to send the fitting kit?

It was last year so I can't recall. I don't remember it taking overly long though. I believe you can also just upload your own measurements and pay a few bucks for their report. You'd just have to rig up some sort of calipers to measure your head.

I'm really pleased with their recommended helmet. Every time I wear it I'm surprised by how comfortable it is.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply
All posts must adhere to Forum Rules

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Triumph Forum: Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter your valid email address, that can receive an automated confirmation message. Otherwise, you won't be able to gain full access.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in