What helmet type do fellow 765 riders wear? - Page 2 - Triumph Forum: Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums
Street Triple 765 Talk about the Street Triple 765 model

4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 44 (permalink) Old 05-22-2019, 05:44 PM
Moto Grand Prix
Main Motorcycle: 02 Sprint RS

Other Motorcycle: 06 Tiger
Extra Motorcycle: a few others
DandyLion,
How does the Schuberth compare, size wise, to Shoei and Arai?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 44 (permalink) Old 05-23-2019, 12:21 AM
Grand Prix 250

Garage
I've haven't spent enough time with a Shoei to really give an opinion. I did have an Arai previous to the Schuberth. The Arai was a bit heavier and more of a circular shape while the Schuberth is more oval. Sadly I do not remember which model of Arai I had. The Schuberth fits perfectly for me, so much so I would say they made a mold of my head, lol.

2018 Street Triple R
post #13 of 44 (permalink) Old 05-23-2019, 02:53 AM
Grand Prix 250
Main Motorcycle: Street Triple 765RS

Other Motorcycle: Honda CBF1000F
Most important thing is fit. Size and head shape.
For me, Shoei in size large always seem to be perfect in terms of fit and the style/quality/cost are all about right.

post #14 of 44 (permalink) Old 05-23-2019, 05:12 AM
Moto Grand Prix
Main Motorcycle: 02 Sprint RS

Other Motorcycle: 06 Tiger
Extra Motorcycle: a few others
It turns out a place down the road from where I work carried Schuberth so I'll check them out.
post #15 of 44 (permalink) Old 05-23-2019, 07:06 AM
Grand Prix 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ali-bear View Post
Most important thing is fit. Size and head shape.
For me, Shoei in size large always seem to be perfect in terms of fit and the style/quality/cost are all about right.
+2. Find someplace that stocks several brands and make sure you wear one for ten minutes before buying. And then try the one in the box before you buy. Often, the ones on the shelf have been worn by so many people they have become a bit loose. It's also worth mixing and matching internal parts. I have an Arai Signet X with medium cheek pads and a large head liner. The shells for the M and L are the same. BTW, it's easier to change the head liner than the cheek pads.

'61 Clubman's Gold Star, 2013 Daytona 675R (track bike), 2013 KTM 690 Duke, 2017 KTM SD GT, 2018 Street Triple RS.
post #16 of 44 (permalink) Old 05-23-2019, 07:55 AM
Site Supporter
Commentator
Main Motorcycle: 2013 Street Triple R
Lifetime Premium

Also, it seems that most vendors and places that sell them online show the head shape, so you if have a helmet that fits properly, you can find it's shape and use that to narrow your search. Helmets and boots/shoes are just about the only things I won't buy online these days. Exceptions are replacing like for like, and Footjoy golf shoes. I know their 9W size will fit perfectly.

Just because I'm paranoid, it doesn't mean the whole world isn't out to get me.
Words mean things.

My life is not without meaning. I can be held up as a bad example.
post #17 of 44 (permalink) Old 05-23-2019, 04:44 PM Thread Starter
Grand Prix 500
Main Motorcycle: 2018 Street Triple 765 R

I am having some difficulty with helmet size and shape. Often L is feels too snug and then XL is too lose. I think it means I need to wear Large helmets that feel snug and work them in. I have to admit they aren't so snug they have pressure points that I recall. I think each time I try an XL it's bordering on lose and once worn in it will definitely be lose.

Have any Canadians ordered a helmet from the US from a place such as Revzilla? Do you know if you've paid much in the way of duties?
post #18 of 44 (permalink) Old 05-23-2019, 07:15 PM
Grand Prix 250
Main Motorcycle: 2018 Street Triple RS

Other Motorcycle: 2018 Kawasaki KLX 250
What helmet type do fellow 765 riders wear?

I went to lidpicker.com and paid the $15 or whatever it was for their fit recommendations. They send you some calipers to measure your melon then send you a detailed list of helmets that fit your head size and shape. They don't have all helmets-just the ones they sell, I think. It's a big list though.

I went with their recommendation, an Arai Signet X. I should have done this 4 helmets ago. The fit is perfect with no hotspots. Finally found a helmet that fits my long oval head.

Back to the OP question- I alternate between my Arai Signet X and my Arai XD-4. That one is nice because it has a peak I can use to shade my eyes from the sun on my early morning eastbound commute. I also have a Sena mounted in the XD-4 so I can listen to the radio while sitting in our horrible traffic.

Last edited by rss29; 05-23-2019 at 07:19 PM.
post #19 of 44 (permalink) Old 05-24-2019, 09:15 AM
ufo
Grand Prix 250
Main Motorcycle: 2018 Street Triple R

Shoei RF-1200 here.

I'd definitely recommend it. There are plenty of good deals on it now. It's a good, snug fit for me. Very good (not great) in the comfort and wind noise departments. What I like the most about it is the light weight and small overall size. Flows a decent amount of air too.
I recently took a spill and hit my chin area on the asphalt. Very happy with how the helmet performed in that department. No signs or pain whatsoever on my face and just paint chips on the helmet.
post #20 of 44 (permalink) Old 05-24-2019, 11:29 AM Thread Starter
Grand Prix 500
Main Motorcycle: 2018 Street Triple 765 R

Quote:
Originally Posted by ufo View Post
Shoei RF-1200 here.

I'd definitely recommend it. There are plenty of good deals on it now. It's a good, snug fit for me. Very good (not great) in the comfort and wind noise departments. What I like the most about it is the light weight and small overall size. Flows a decent amount of air too.
I recently took a spill and hit my chin area on the asphalt. Very happy with how the helmet performed in that department. No signs or pain whatsoever on my face and just paint chips on the helmet.
The Shoei RF-1200 does fit ok but I am not a fan of the offset visor tab on the left. The visor is difficult to open and sloppy and awkward. I prefer helmets with a centre tab for the visor. Also being a glasses wearer I much prefer helmets with drop down sun visors.

Last edited by morkys; 05-25-2019 at 01:51 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply
All posts must adhere to Forum Rules

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Triumph Forum: Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter your valid email address, that can receive an automated confirmation message. Otherwise, you won't be able to gain full access.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode