OEM Brembo front brake pads - Triumph Forum: Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums
Street Triple 765 Talk about the Street Triple 765 model

 3Likes
  • 1 Post By tushalb
  • 2 Post By tushalb
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-12-2018, 11:20 PM Thread Starter
Supersport 400
Member
 
Thailand RS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 86
OEM Brembo front brake pads

Hi mechanics wise iím a noob.....

Are they really worthy the ridiculous cost for me since I lives in Thailand and I have to be dealing with 30% imported taxes.
Donít get me wrong theyíre are amazing but a set cost 55% more then EBC HH Fast Road brake pads.

Thanks for advice
Thailand RS is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-12-2018, 11:27 PM
SuperStock
Main Motorcycle: 2018 Street Triple RS
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Internet
Posts: 228
Other Motorcycle: kdx200
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thailand RS View Post
Hi mechanics wise iím a noob.....

Are they really worthy the ridiculous cost for me since I lives in Thailand and I have to be dealing with 30% imported taxes.
Donít get me wrong theyíre are amazing but a set cost 55% more then EBC HH Fast Road brake pads.

Thanks for advice
Honestly when the times comes I will just go with EBC HH pads. I highly doubt that "Brembo" pads are anything special outside of just being sintered.

If you are racing you might consider looking into ceramic brake pads, though if you are just doing weekend track days I would still recommend to stick with sintered since they will be better for the mixed street use as well.
poster is offline  
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-14-2018, 12:34 AM
Grand Prix 500
Main Motorcycle: 2017/18 Street Triple RS
Senior Member
 
tushalb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Auckland, New Zealand
Posts: 126
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by poster View Post
Honestly when the times comes I will just go with EBC HH pads. I highly doubt that "Brembo" pads are anything special outside of just being sintered.

If you are racing you might consider looking into ceramic brake pads, though if you are just doing weekend track days I would still recommend to stick with sintered since they will be better for the mixed street use as well.
Please can you share the part number for the EBC pads compatible with the RS's Front Brembo Brakes?

I've just crossed 10000 kms and during the service the dealer mentioned that the front pads we're near the wear line and will need replacement in the next 2-3000 kms.

The dealer wants to charge me NZ $ 150 per set (4 pads = 2 sets) plus labour so... I'm looking for an alternative to Triumph OEM / Brembo pads. The part number the dealer shared with me is T2021541.

Thanks

UPDATE: a bit of googling has brought about the part number for EBC it's FA447HH sintered metal. Fraction of the cost of a Brembo set.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
vicenzajay likes this.

Previous rides:
2013 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R (636)
2005 Honda Hornet CB900/919
2001 Honda Hornet CB250
2000 Bajaj Pulsar P180

Last edited by tushalb; 11-14-2018 at 04:03 AM.
tushalb is offline  
 
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-16-2019, 04:50 AM
Grand Prix 250
Main Motorcycle: Street Triple RS
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Norway
Posts: 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by tushalb View Post

UPDATE: a bit of googling has brought about the part number for EBC it's FA447HH sintered metal. Fraction of the cost of a Brembo set.
Can you confirm fitment of these? I am not getting consistent answers about this on the web. Some places tell me they won't fit, and others tell me they will...
Lego is offline  
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-16-2019, 05:14 AM
Grand Prix 500
Main Motorcycle: 2017/18 Street Triple RS
Senior Member
 
tushalb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Auckland, New Zealand
Posts: 126
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lego View Post
Can you confirm fitment of these? I am not getting consistent answers about this on the web. Some places tell me they won't fit, and others tell me they will...
I've purchased n installed for the last 4 months. Perfect fit and no squealing.

Just as good as the OEM Brembo pads and like the Brembo pads, it takes 2 - 3 applications to warm up, then the bite is the same - progressive and sharp.

No regrets. Work great even in the rain.

I purchased front pads from www.sportsbikeshop.co.uk but www.demontweeks.com could be cheaper with shipping (to NZ), I purchased rear pads from them.

Check out both.

Front pads set (2 sets required) model Is EBC FA447HH

Rear pads set (1 set) model is EBC FA213HH.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Lego and mohawkeye like this.

Previous rides:
2013 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R (636)
2005 Honda Hornet CB900/919
2001 Honda Hornet CB250
2000 Bajaj Pulsar P180

Last edited by tushalb; 06-16-2019 at 05:17 AM.
tushalb is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options
All posts must adhere to Forum Rules

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Triumph Forum: Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter your valid email address, that can receive an automated confirmation message. Otherwise, you won't be able to gain full access.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Front brake bleed procedure johned Tiger 1050 - Mods & Workshop 1 06-29-2016 10:14 PM
Replaced front brake pads, ready for another excursion Crogers Speed Triple Forum 4 09-18-2015 09:50 PM
New front tire, and brake pads SprintST Sprint Forum 1 09-04-2015 11:54 PM
Front brake calipers project Alighieri Speed Triple Forum 29 05-28-2015 04:04 AM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome