Street Triple 765 Talk about the Street Triple 765 model

12Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 43 (permalink) Old 03-12-2018, 10:44 PM Thread Starter
Grand Prix 250
Main Motorcycle: Street Triple 765RS

Other Motorcycle: KTM Super Duke GT
Service Manual?

I've just taken delivery of a new 765RS in Austin, TX, USA and it seems like its going to be a great bike.

I was surprised and a concerned to learn from my dealer however, that workshop/service manuals are not available for the bike. I've never heard of this before and would really like to buy one to get to understand the bike better, do some of my own maintenance and add any aftermarket parts I might chose to fit.

I've searched the web but had no luck in finding one. Can anyone point me in the right direction?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 43 (permalink) Old 03-12-2018, 11:07 PM
SuperStock
Main Motorcycle: 2018 Street Triple RS

Other Motorcycle: kdx200
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allan P. View Post
I've just taken delivery of a new 765RS in Austin, TX, USA and it seems like its going to be a great bike.

I was surprised and a concerned to learn from my dealer however, that workshop/service manuals are not available for the bike. I've never heard of this before and would really like to buy one to get to understand the bike better, do some of my own maintenance and add any aftermarket parts I might chose to fit.

I've searched the web but had no luck in finding one. Can anyone point me in the right direction?
You will want to register on tritun.net.

It's an official Triumph online repository of docs/ service/owner manuals for their bikes.

I checked and there's still currently nothing available for the new 765. I was trying to look up also the info on the new proper torque settings for the service advisory regarding some bolts. My triumph dealer is like 40 miles away on the highway and I have a torque wrench so I was trying to save myself some superslab time lol

Also you have to pay by the hour to access the information.

If you are fast enough, you can probably try to save all of the PDF pages in like 2 hours.

Last edited by poster; 03-12-2018 at 11:39 PM.
post #3 of 43 (permalink) Old 03-13-2018, 10:36 AM
Supersport 400

Quote:
Originally Posted by poster View Post
You will want to register on tritun.net.

It's an official Triumph online repository of docs/ service/owner manuals for their bikes.

I checked and there's still currently nothing available for the new 765. I was trying to look up also the info on the new proper torque settings for the service advisory regarding some bolts. My triumph dealer is like 40 miles away on the highway and I have a torque wrench so I was trying to save myself some superslab time lol

Also you have to pay by the hour to access the information.

If you are fast enough, you can probably try to save all of the PDF pages in like 2 hours.
Yeah, I tried that. What a scam. You can only view one page of the manual at a time. I gave up trying to download the manual and asked for my $7.50 back - they gave it back to me.

- Jon

post #4 of 43 (permalink) Old 03-13-2018, 10:37 AM Thread Starter
Grand Prix 250

Thanks Poster.

I registered with tritun.net as you suggested and also didn't find anything for the 765RS. I enrolled from my home address in the USA but also have an address and different email in the UK and enrolled using those and a VPN via a UK server just in case the restriction is on American owners only. Still no luck.

It's possible that my VPN is registered in the USA however, and that is being used to block my access if this is a USA restriction only. Do any non-USA 765RS owners have access to the service manual via tritun.net or access from any other source?
post #5 of 43 (permalink) Old 03-13-2018, 01:03 PM
Supersport 400

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allan P. View Post
Thanks Poster.

I registered with tritun.net as you suggested and also didn't find anything for the 765RS. I enrolled from my home address in the USA but also have an address and different email in the UK and enrolled using those and a VPN via a UK server just in case the restriction is on American owners only. Still no luck.

It's possible that my VPN is registered in the USA however, and that is being used to block my access if this is a USA restriction only. Do any non-USA 765RS owners have access to the service manual via tritun.net or access from any other source?
I think you need to use your actual VIN to find it. Warning though: see my note above...

- Jon
post #6 of 43 (permalink) Old 03-13-2018, 01:12 PM
SuperStock

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonSF View Post
I think you need to use your actual VIN to find it. Warning though: see my note above...

- Jon
I used my actual VIN and still no luck.

I would assume that they will just release it pretty soon.
post #7 of 43 (permalink) Old 03-13-2018, 03:03 PM Thread Starter
Grand Prix 250

Like Poster did, I used the actual VIN number for my 2018 Street Triple RS and could not find any downloadable documents. Did you you try to download documents for a 765RS JonSF or was it another model?
post #8 of 43 (permalink) Old 03-13-2018, 03:36 PM
Supersport 400

Hm, after I put in my VIN, if I click on Service, I get this:

https://imgur.com/dA8MEPh

- Jon
post #9 of 43 (permalink) Old 03-13-2018, 06:27 PM
SuperStock
Main Motorcycle: 2018 Street Triple R 765

I sucked it up and paid for one day access, and downloaded every section one by one. You need to print to PDF or print to file, takes at least 3 hours depending on internet speed and how willing you are to sit there and suffer through it.

2018 Street Triple R 765 / 2015 Yamaha FZ-07 / 2007 Honda Shadow
post #10 of 43 (permalink) Old 03-13-2018, 06:59 PM
SuperStock

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonSF View Post
Hm, after I put in my VIN, if I click on Service, I get this:

https://imgur.com/dA8MEPh

- Jon
Nice! I guess I wasn't good at navigating the menu haha. I see it now as well.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply
All posts must adhere to Forum Rules

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Triumph Forum: Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter your valid email address, that can receive an automated confirmation message. Otherwise, you won't be able to gain full access.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode