Luggage Options for Street Triple 765 - Page 7 - Triumph Forum: Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums
Street Triple 765 Talk about the Street Triple 765 model

34Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #61 of 154 (permalink) Old 06-07-2018, 03:53 PM
Grand Prix 125

Quote:
Originally Posted by joekia View Post
Hi,

Is that a powerbronze screen you're using? Does it vibrate much at high speeds?

Yes it is!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 154 (permalink) Old 06-08-2018, 12:31 PM
Grand Prix 250
Main Motorcycle: Triumph Explorer

Other Motorcycle: 765R
Extra Motorcycle: 1950 Guzzi Falcone
Heads up to anyone in UK = the SW Motech Blaze pannier kits are on discount:
https://www.sw-motech-shop.co.uk/bla...-s-and-rs-2017
I just got some & they look well made. Fitting was easy once I'd sussed the block has to go near the top of the pillion footrest hanger not at the bottom where it fits better. Now just waiting for an excuse to use them.
post #63 of 154 (permalink) Old 06-10-2018, 10:02 PM
Site Supporter
Commentator
Main Motorcycle: 2013 Street Triple R
Lifetime Premium

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarioP View Post
Even though they look the same, the subframe on the 765 isn't the same as the last generation of 675. The passenger pegs mount differently and maybe some other stuff is different too.

Hepco and Becker had to make a mount for their CBow bags specifically for the 765. I think I looked at the Shad setup too and figured out it wouldn't work on the 765.

Slightly off topic, just did my first overnight trip with the Orbit bags. With them plus my Triumph tailbag, I was packed for a 4 day trip but had to cut it short due to problems at work and weather that turned out to be worse than expected. Bags were good and it's a nice setup.
I had completely forgotten about this thread.

https://www.triumphrat.net/street-tri...ml#post9349042

They may be different, but at least as far as the mounting holes for the grab rails go, they appear to be similar enough.

Just because I'm paranoid, it doesn't mean the whole world isn't out to get me.
Words mean things.

My life is not without meaning. I can be held up as a bad example.

post #64 of 154 (permalink) Old 07-09-2018, 03:11 PM
Grand Prix 250

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaytonaDave View Post
The SW-Motech Alu Rack does fit the 765. I have fitted one with the adaptor plate for a Givi top box that attaches with 1/4 turn Cam Locs.
Don't suppose you've any pics of the alu rack fitted on the 765?

I've been looking everywhere for a pic, I'm wondering if maybe the grab rails and rack could be retrofitted to work together. Very hard to tell without seeing the alu rack actually fitted to the 765. If you've got pics of the rack and could post them that would be awesome DaytonaDave.
post #65 of 154 (permalink) Old 07-09-2018, 06:51 PM
SuperStock
Main Motorcycle: Street Triple 765R

Other Motorcycle: Suzuki DRZ400E
Jason, I will take some pics tomorrow. Looking at pics of the grab handles they might well fit but would probably need a bit of fettling to get them to fit closer to the rack. Obviously you will need longer bolts.
Jason Stewart likes this.
post #66 of 154 (permalink) Old 07-10-2018, 05:25 PM
SuperStock
Main Motorcycle: Street Triple 765R

Other Motorcycle: Suzuki DRZ400E
Jason,
I failed miserably taking the pictures they did not come out very well and would not have told you much. I will try again. I also realised I don't know how to post them anyway.

Anyway if you have not already seen it here is a link to the SW Motech site with the rack I fitted. Note it is listed under Street Triple R 13+ and is not listed for a 765 but it does fit. There are some useful pictures. Hope it is of some use.

https://www.sw-motech-shop.co.uk/alu...eet-triple-13-
post #67 of 154 (permalink) Old 07-10-2018, 06:10 PM
Grand Prix 250

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaytonaDave View Post
Jason,
I failed miserably taking the pictures they did not come out very well and would not have told you much. I will try again. I also realised I don't know how to post them anyway.

Anyway if you have not already seen it here is a link to the SW Motech site with the rack I fitted. Note it is listed under Street Triple R 13+ and is not listed for a 765 but it does fit. There are some useful pictures. Hope it is of some use.

https://www.sw-motech-shop.co.uk/alu...eet-triple-13-
Thanks for trying anyway bud👍
post #68 of 154 (permalink) Old 01-22-2019, 04:39 PM
Grand Prix 500
Main Motorcycle: 2019 Scrambler 1200 XC

Can you pass the joining strap for the sw-motech Blaze sport saddlebags and pass it UNDER the passenger seat? And can the sw-motech saddlebags be used with a passenger? Looking to take my bike on short one or two day tours and would like to use the saddlebags.
post #69 of 154 (permalink) Old 01-23-2019, 05:52 AM
Grand Prix 250
Main Motorcycle: Triumph Explorer

Other Motorcycle: 765R
Extra Motorcycle: 1950 Guzzi Falcone
Quote:
Originally Posted by morkys View Post
Can you pass the joining strap for the sw-motech Blaze sport saddlebags and pass it UNDER the passenger seat? And can the sw-motech saddlebags be used with a passenger? Looking to take my bike on short one or two day tours and would like to use the saddlebags.
I think the straps are too thick to fit under the passenger seat easily and the catch might not engage securely......and if you force it down there might not be enough free play for the catch to release again.
They could sit on the straps but it might not be very comfortable, but the seats not exactly an armchair to start with, so it depends on how resilient your passenger is! Even without the bag straps mine took one look at the perch and said no. Lucky I have another bike for 2 up.
post #70 of 154 (permalink) Old 02-13-2019, 02:37 PM
Production 125
Main Motorcycle: Street Triple 765 RS

Givi Top Rack Mounts + Max Tool Cases

I messed with the idea to mount some hard side cases for quite a while. After numerous trials and errors I finally came up with this setup (I am not a fabricator or machinist of any sort). I used the mounting brackets from the Givi top box and drilled through the bottoms of some Max waterproof tool cases to run some bolts through. Max cases are similar to Pelican cases but made in Italy, probably not quite as robust as Pelicans but well suited for my purpose. They are sold by Canadian Tire in Canada under their "Maximum" brand. I had to add some metal brackets to strengthen the boxes at the mounting points.

So far they look and work well but they are not quick release and don't yet have a trustworthy locking mechanism.

Still to do:
1. Install cam locks with matching keys on the small side cases. The holes provided for padlocks are too narrow. I currently use cabled luggage locks.
2. Waterproof my mounting points with rubber washers.
3. I also have a medium size case (20 litres) to use as a top box. I need to adapt the mount so I can use jointly with the side cases.

Photo shows the small side cases (just under 9 litres capacity each) attached.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20190112_154353_HDR.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	1.79 MB
ID:	633742  
tewariv likes this.

The squeaky wheel gets the grease... or gets replaced by a newer model.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply
All posts must adhere to Forum Rules

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Triumph Forum: Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter your valid email address, that can receive an automated confirmation message. Otherwise, you won't be able to gain full access.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode