Street Triple 765 Talk about the Street Triple 765 model

96Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #191 of 228 (permalink) Old 03-19-2019, 06:52 AM
Grand Prix 250
Main Motorcycle: 2019 Tiger 1200 XRT

Quote:
Originally Posted by xorbe View Post
You decide, hah! Even if that long appendage wasn't there, the other angles aren't correct. Brackets look hand made, beginner weld jobs.

It might just be the right part, from the advertising picture it looks like that bracket should go the other way up? i.e. the bracket you're holding is for the R/H side.
Attached Images

Last edited by jannerman; 03-19-2019 at 06:54 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #192 of 228 (permalink) Old 03-19-2019, 03:37 PM
Formula Extreme
Main Motorcycle: 765 RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubi View Post
OMG. Itís like from another bike. Could they sent you the wrong set?
I sent multiple pics as the seller requested, but I haven't heard anything back yet. Surely it's the wrong brackets. The seller even confirmed my bike was a 765 RS before sending the kit out, so it seems unfortunate.
post #193 of 228 (permalink) Old 03-19-2019, 06:22 PM
Formula Extreme

Quote:
Originally Posted by jannerman View Post
It might just be the right part, from the advertising picture it looks like that bracket should go the other way up? i.e. the bracket you're holding is for the R/H side.
Oh maybe. Well I am not near my bike for a few days, will report back this coming weekend. Hopefully I'm just an idiot.

post #194 of 228 (permalink) Old 03-20-2019, 04:10 AM
Site Supporter
Grand Prix 250
Main Motorcycle: 2019 Speed Triple RS
Lifetime Premium

Other Motorcycle: '17 HD Road Glide Special
Extra Motorcycle: '17 HD Dyna Low Rider S
Thank you, Robenever, for a terrific review of the Powerbronze screen and all the great photos! Very comprehensive and very helpful! I spent the last couple of weeks trying to figure out what screen to get for my Speed Triple. I ordered the Triumph OEM screen that's currently available and when I received it, the installation instructions are to drill holes in your stock painted mini screen and attach the windscreen visor on top of it. Uh, no. Not for me. That one went back today. An expensive mistake considering the shipping costs. But hey, my bad, I should have done more research before ordering that one. I was informed by the person at Pure Triumph in FL that the previously available Triumph OEM screen has been banned by DOT and is no longer available (except perhaps here and there on eBay I found). I wanted one that didn't attach over the top of the painted stock mini screen. And I didn't want one that replaced of the painted stock mini screen. So that meant no in the Puig. So....I ordered the Powerbronze screen in Dark Tint yesterday morning! Whew!!

Sandi
2019 Speed Triple RS

"The mathematical equation to calculate the number of motorcycles you should own: N+1 where N = the current number of motorcycles owned"
post #195 of 228 (permalink) Old 03-20-2019, 04:35 AM
Site Supporter
Grand Prix 250
Main Motorcycle: 2019 Speed Triple RS
Lifetime Premium

Other Motorcycle: '17 HD Road Glide Special
Extra Motorcycle: '17 HD Dyna Low Rider S
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberSiDn View Post
So spoke to my local Triumph dealer, they said Triumph dosent offer the Flyscreen in a tinted/smoked colour?

This one guy on this thread got the:

Flyscreen Visor Kit - A9708266
Note that it is dark smoke tinted.

Does anyone know if its from Triumph or if its aftermarked?
And maybe where i can buy one?
I was informed a couple of days ago by a sales person at Pure Triumph in Florida that this Flyscreen Visor Kit A9708266 has been banned in the US by the DOT. I did see it available from a couple of eBay vendors. The flyscreen visor that Triumph now offers for the Speed Triple looks significantly different and requires drilling holes in your stock painted mini screen for installation. What the heck?!

Sandi
2019 Speed Triple RS

"The mathematical equation to calculate the number of motorcycles you should own: N+1 where N = the current number of motorcycles owned"
post #196 of 228 (permalink) Old 03-20-2019, 07:16 AM
Grand Prix 250
Main Motorcycle: Street Triple 765RS

Other Motorcycle: Honda CBF1000F
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandithompson View Post
... Flyscreen Visor Kit A9708266 has been banned in the US by the DOT. ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandithompson View Post
... What the heck?!
Is there a Trump now running the DOT?

Seriously though why ruin the looks of your lovely Street triple with an ugly plastic add-on? The A9708266 fits and completes the look of the bike at very reasonable cost.
post #197 of 228 (permalink) Old 03-20-2019, 08:41 AM
Supersport 400
Main Motorcycle: Street Triple 765 R LRH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ali-bear View Post
Is there a Trump now running the DOT?

Seriously though why ruin the looks of your lovely Street triple with an ugly plastic add-on? The A9708266 fits and completes the look of the bike at very reasonable cost.
Agreed, the oem visor is the only one that looks good. None of them does anything to cut down the wind anyway. They all just ruin the look of the bike, my opinion only.
post #198 of 228 (permalink) Old 03-22-2019, 04:07 PM
Formula Extreme

Yeah so I had the brackets swapped left and right, I'm an idiot. Hopefully I have time to try the installation tomorrow.

jannerman, tubi, DandyLion and 2 others like this.

Last edited by xorbe; 03-22-2019 at 04:13 PM.
post #199 of 228 (permalink) Old 03-24-2019, 11:26 PM
Formula Extreme

Alright, here it is. It's the real deal, it keeps a lot of wind off the chest, and out of the bottom of my helmet (I'm 5'10"). Looks a bit dorky / adventure-ish, whatever I literally don't care. I will remove the Triumph accessory screen later, I promise. Installation is a bit of a pain due to access of the lower bolts, but nothing insurmountable. The craftsmanship seems a bit on the sketchy side, but it seems to work and fit properly in the end. There is no rubbing like the Puig kit.

Oh yeah, someone sent me the source of these screens: https://www.gpkompozit.com/urun/stre...-cam-2017-2018

DandyLion and tewariv like this.

Last edited by xorbe; 03-24-2019 at 11:39 PM.
post #200 of 228 (permalink) Old 03-25-2019, 04:46 AM
Powerbike
Main Motorcycle: Street Triple R

765 Windscreen

Oh yeah. More pictures Please. I am getting this.

Any first riding impressions?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
tewariv likes this.

Last edited by tubi; 03-25-2019 at 04:48 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply
All posts must adhere to Forum Rules

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Triumph Forum: Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter your valid email address, that can receive an automated confirmation message. Otherwise, you won't be able to gain full access.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode