2018 Street Triple (S/R/RS) - Page 55 - Triumph Forum: Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums
Street Triple 765 Talk about the Street Triple 765 model

352Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #541 of 853 (permalink) Old 11-26-2017, 09:39 PM
Minitwins
Main Motorcycle: 2018 Street Triple R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripped765RS View Post
My RS came with the same Optimate 3 connector as yours, dealer installed out of the crate.

Is there an adapter for it so it will work with other tenders?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #542 of 853 (permalink) Old 11-27-2017, 08:54 PM
ufo
Grand Prix 250

Same here - dealer installed battery tender connector. There are no adapters as far as I know. They really want people to buy their own brand of battery tenders.
post #543 of 853 (permalink) Old 11-27-2017, 09:06 PM
SuperStock
Main Motorcycle: 2018 Street Triple R 765

Quote:
Originally Posted by ufo View Post
Same here - dealer installed battery tender connector. There are no adapters as far as I know. They really want people to buy their own brand of battery tenders.
I installed my own battery tender (Battery Tender Junior), it's cheap and it's easy.

2018 Street Triple R 765 / 2015 Yamaha FZ-07 / 2007 Honda Shadow

post #544 of 853 (permalink) Old 11-29-2017, 12:49 AM
Minitwins
Main Motorcycle: Triumph Street Triple RS

Other Motorcycle: Suzuki SV650A 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by ekaplan1020 View Post
Does anyone know what this cable does?

I may be late in getting you this info, but your connector looks like the female end to the NOCO line of chargers. I included some pictures of the Genius and the connectors. This one costs about $35 at AutoZone or the equivalent and comes with a couple of different interchangeable connectors.

They also make an adaptor that has the typical tender connection on one end. Since you've one that is connected already, you could just pick up this unit and connect as is. (Provided it's the same connector of course!) It's a fantastic unit. Already saved the battery on my SV650 when I ran it down last month.

Cheers!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	noco_box.JPG
Views:	115
Size:	1.54 MB
ID:	537945   Click image for larger version

Name:	noco_genius_unit.JPG
Views:	130
Size:	2.28 MB
ID:	537953   Click image for larger version

Name:	noco_male_female.JPG
Views:	133
Size:	1.25 MB
ID:	537961   Click image for larger version

Name:	noco_genius_male.jpg
Views:	111
Size:	20.9 KB
ID:	537969  

behind every great man is a greater woman holding on for dear life
post #545 of 853 (permalink) Old 12-03-2017, 09:56 AM
Minitwins

Thanks Ballywhack! I ordered the noco. I wonder why they would install that without letting me know what to get??

post #546 of 853 (permalink) Old 12-05-2017, 11:39 AM

Considering to get a new naked bike, maybe a Street triple RS or aSuzuki GSX-S750

Are there any changes from the 2017 and the 2018?
I can get a new 2017 for discount.

How is this bike for someone that is 6 feet tall? 184 centimeters?

Only thing I prefer on Lower specs models are the traditional mounted mirrors but I guess one can buy they separate.

The Suzuki seems to be more suited for shorter riders, dont wanna feel and look like a Circus bear.

Should I get the RS?
post #547 of 853 (permalink) Old 12-05-2017, 12:27 PM
Grand Prix 250
Main Motorcycle: 2018 Triumph Steet Triple

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikRS View Post
Considering to get a new naked bike, maybe a Street triple RS or aSuzuki GSX-S750

Only thing I prefer on Lower specs models are the traditional mounted mirrors but I guess one can buy they separate.

The Suzuki seems to be more suited for shorter riders, dont wanna feel and look like a Circus bear.

Should I get the RS?
I have the 2018 R model and it's (of course) the all new model with the 765 engine. I'm 5'11" and I don't fee cramped at all -- very comfortable. The very first thing I did was remove the elephant ear mirrors and promptly installed the Rizoma Reverse Retro bar end mirrors -- HUGE improvement.

You should go test ride one to see for yourself how it fits you -- but I'm guessing @ 6 foot you'll be fine. I chose the R over the RS simply because of price and availability. While the RS has a slightly different engine tune, I didn't feel I needed the extra performance with the upgraded brakes and suspension. The lock work on my R is way better than anything I've ever had so I am thrilled with my decision.

Regarding the Zuk 750 -- I'm sure it's a nice machine (I had an SV650 that I really liked), but I honestly believe the R and RS are in a different league regarding engine, suspension, brakes, and overall performance. It's reflected in the price too if I remember correctly.

Since you're considering other makes and models -- don't rule out the Kawasaki Z900 RS. I have a soft spot for Kaws as I grew up on a KZ650 back in the 80s and I've spent considerable time on its bigger brother the KZ900. You couldn't swing a dead cat around in the 1980s (in Iowa) and not hit one of those KZ models. I *really* like the Z900 RS styling and I believe they nailed it with the retro theme. If I didn't have 4 kids in college right now -- I'd go to the dealer and plunk an envelope full of cash down at the cash register and buy one without a test ride. (OK -- I would test ride it). I've read where the cost will be roughly between the R and RS so they should be affordable for a large segment of the riding public.

It's a good time to be a motorcycle rider. Lots of great choices.....

Let us know what you do!

Sent from my LG-V521 using Tapatalk
tushalb likes this.
post #548 of 853 (permalink) Old 12-06-2017, 11:31 AM
Minitwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by ekaplan1020 View Post
Thanks Ballywhack! I ordered the noco. I wonder why they would install that without letting me know what to get??

My RS came with the standard SAE direct connect routed down the pillion footrest hanger. The sae connectors are relatively new to me, my Hondas and Kawasakis never came with them, of course these were purchased in the 80s and early 90s. I really like the Noco, I hope it works out well for you.

BTW, really dig the red stitching on the seats of the R, wish the RS had that.

post #549 of 853 (permalink) Old 12-06-2017, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclone85 View Post
I have the 2018 R model and it's (of course) the all new model with the 765 engine. I'm 5'11" and I don't fee cramped at all -- very comfortable. The very first thing I did was remove the elephant ear mirrors and promptly installed the Rizoma Reverse Retro bar end mirrors -- HUGE improvement.

You should go test ride one to see for yourself how it fits you -- but I'm guessing @ 6 foot you'll be fine. I chose the R over the RS simply because of price and availability. While the RS has a slightly different engine tune, I didn't feel I needed the extra performance with the upgraded brakes and suspension. The lock work on my R is way better than anything I've ever had so I am thrilled with my decision.

Regarding the Zuk 750 -- I'm sure it's a nice machine (I had an SV650 that I really liked), but I honestly believe the R and RS are in a different league regarding engine, suspension, brakes, and overall performance. It's reflected in the price too if I remember correctly.

Since you're considering other makes and models -- don't rule out the Kawasaki Z900 RS. I have a soft spot for Kaws as I grew up on a KZ650 back in the 80s and I've spent considerable time on its bigger brother the KZ900. You couldn't swing a dead cat around in the 1980s (in Iowa) and not hit one of those KZ models. I *really* like the Z900 RS styling and I believe they nailed it with the retro theme. If I didn't have 4 kids in college right now -- I'd go to the dealer and plunk an envelope full of cash down at the cash register and buy one without a test ride. (OK -- I would test ride it). I've read where the cost will be roughly between the R and RS so they should be affordable for a large segment of the riding public.

It's a good time to be a motorcycle rider. Lots of great choices.....

Let us know what you do!

Sent from my LG-V521 using Tapatalk
Thanks for the great reply, I never knew of the KZ900, looks nice, I tested a Kawa Z800, another type of bike, angry engine but it tells you to go full all the time to much.
I am talking to some dealers about price etc, I m also considering the Yamaha R6 to, owned one back in 1999. insurance companies are crazy here today on any RR bike to the extent to illiminate RR bikes with an insurance cost per year of the cost of the new bike alone.

I have a Husky FE450 -2016 that I will trade in and an advantage are that its a bike that sell all year around.

Cheeers /Erik
post #550 of 853 (permalink) Old 12-06-2017, 12:32 PM
Minitwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikRS View Post

Should I get the RS?
I would (get the RS), I did. I do not believe there is any difference between the 2017 and 2018. But this is based on researching parts and perusing the "pay-as-you-go" service manual from the tritun.net Triumph site. Others can correct me, but it seems that during this past year the 2017 was released outside the US while we here in the states got the 2018...the bikes being the same. Again, someone please correct me if I'm wrong here. The dealer would know, I would hope.

Interesting cross-shop selections. I am 6 feet and 180 lbs, and I am very comfortable on the RS. I certainly don't feel too big for the frame. Sounds like you are getting a very good deal on the Triumph if you're comparing these two machines as typically the RS is considerably more expensive than the Suzuki. As Cyclone85 mentioned, the overall RS/R package is superior to the GSX-S and the cost difference shows that disparity.

For my money, if I'm getting that good of a deal on an RS where the prices aren't that different between the Triumph and Suzuki (this may not be the case for you, just surmising), I would pull the trigger on the Triumph every time. That being said, I love my SV and though it cost me nearly half of what my RS did, it is certainly not "half" the bike. There are so many great choices out there today.

Best of luck whatever you decide and do let us know.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply
All posts must adhere to Forum Rules

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Triumph Forum: Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter your valid email address, that can receive an automated confirmation message. Otherwise, you won't be able to gain full access.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode