Triumph Forum: Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums

Triumph Forum: Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums (https://www.triumphrat.net/forum.php)
-   Riding and Survival Skills (https://www.triumphrat.net/riding-and-survival-skills/)
-   -   Worst riding habit? (https://www.triumphrat.net/riding-and-survival-skills/813202-worst-riding-habit.html)

Misti Hurst 03-30-2017 01:12 PM

Worst riding habit?
 
What is your worst riding habit? How does that effect your overall riding?

SStiffler 03-30-2017 02:19 PM

Not looking far enough ahead and target fixation. Have to continue to work at this because it is easy to get lazy with your eyes.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Hedgepig 03-30-2017 03:37 PM

Treating the world as MY racetrack !

Colby2919 03-30-2017 03:54 PM

Ear bud (headphones)

Misti Hurst 03-31-2017 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SStiffler (Post 8886585)
Not looking far enough ahead and target fixation. Have to continue to work at this because it is easy to get lazy with your eyes.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Yup, that can catch you out for sure. How do you plan on working on it so that you don't become lazy with your eyes? What can you do to practice?

Misti Hurst 03-31-2017 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hedgepig (Post 8886746)
Treating the world as MY racetrack !

That one can get you killed. I used to do that until I actually went to the racetrack to race. Changed my perspective. Ride safe out there!!

Hedgepig 03-31-2017 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Misti Hurst (Post 8889217)
That one can get you killed. I used to do that until I actually went to the racetrack to race. Changed my perspective. Ride safe out there!!

I do . In my teens I didn't expect to see 25 , by 30 I figured I was on borrowed time . I've shared tracks with other riders over the years who've gone on to the very top levels and some who have paid the ultimate price . At 56 I have quite a few years to go to catch up with my Dad who at 84 has now downsized to a 300 ninja . And his worst habit is late braking .

Dienamic 04-01-2017 06:56 AM

Too much rear brake. Hold over from my dirtbike and dualsports. I constantly have to remind myself not to stab the rear. The huge brake pedal on the bonnie doesnt help me...

anthonyt1203 04-01-2017 08:34 AM

Listening to music through the Bluetooth helmet , I actually think it helps me zone in to what I'm doing but probably not

BarneysDuc 04-01-2017 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dienamic (Post 8890706)
Too much rear brake. Hold over from my dirtbike and dualsports. I constantly have to remind myself not to stab the rear. The huge brake pedal on the bonnie doesnt help me...

you're not wrong

at least you probably know exactly what to do when you lock up the rear wheel :)


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:38 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome