Hi guys, I just joined this forum after reaping the benefits of your knowledge by lurking for a while.
I recently bought a 1996 Triumph Adventurer that needs some work but I like working on bikes so that's fine. My dream bike has been a Bonneville ever since I was a kid but this is close enough!
Previously I've had several bikes, most recent one was an Ural Wolf which I sold and bought this instead. I will never come near Ural again. I also have a 1981 MS TS150 driven only 1000km which is a nice conversation piece but I never really use it. I had another one back when I was studying at a university in Denmark that I used to drive to school every day.
Anyway so far I've identified that it has the following issues with my Adventurer:
* Cracked intake rubbers between the head and carbs (already ordered)
* The seat is torn. Iíve always liked flat seats so if you guys know about any seats that fit easily Iím all ears. The current one is bolt on and there is no key lock so that is not important.
* On that note, I'm not a big fan of the fender so I will probably be removing it but not sure what to put instead to keep the mud away. I don't want to chop it so I wonder if some plastic sheets would be sufficient?
* Strange engine sounds, might be a broken alternator bolt which I read about on this forum can be an issue. But I haven't investigated this much.
* The second airbox is cracked badly. From what I read it should be fine to just glue it since it is not so important.
* Apparently the oil drain screw split in half when the oil was changed recently, just before I bought the bike. It was replaced with some spare bolt and washer they found lying around. So I need to take a look at that. I already bought the correct one.
* Unclear when the last gear oil change was done so I should probably change that.
* The gasoline hose looks like it won't last much longer.
I'm still getting to know the bike. I've only had it for a week and haven't investigated much. Are there some things I should definitely check to make sure are in good condition?
I should try to take some better pictures but here it is one at least: