Main Motorcycle: 2015 Triumph Thruxton 900
Join Date: Aug 2019
Location: Montreal, Canada
My Thruxton Conversion
Inspired by the many custom bikes that I have seen mostly in this forum, and what started out as a simple google search for “how to make my thruxton a little louder” has resulted in many days, weeks and now moving into months of tinkering, designing, fabricating and fitting countless custom parts to my bike.
I originally purchased this 2015 Thruxton 900 bike in 2016, it had never been ridden and I got it for what was then an absolute steel.
I managed to rack up a total of 700 klms on it before getting drunk with some friends one day and deciding it was a good idea to carry the bike up three large flights of stairs into my living room… where it still resides. Earlier this year I decided it was time to get it back on the road but before doing so fit a slip on exhaust, change the oil and spark plugs…
Things I have Done So Far:
- Removed the front, rear fender and cafe style windshield
- Fitted Cone Engineering Shorty Performers (looking to put some additional baffles to reduce the sound as I find it too loud now)
- Removed the air baffle, and snorkel, fitted K & N Air Filter
- Removed the Air Injection and O2 Sensors
- Tuned with TTP Tune Level 4
- Wrapped the pipes in Accel Tan High Temp Wrap (50ft x 1” for each side)
- Relocated horn under tank (it just looked dumb up front)
- Installed British customs matt black sprocket cover
- Spray painted the front headlight bucket black and brush finished the outer rim.
- Fitted matt black stone guard
- Fitted BAAK No 1 brushed handle bars
- Fitted BAAK brushed side covers
- Fitted BAAK brused front fender
- BAAK Brushed Finish Skid Plate
- Fitted matt black mini retro mirrors (into existing mirror mounts)
Waiting on parts:
- Motogadget M-Blaze Pin Bolt-On Turn Signal*font and rear (have British custom indicator brackets for both front and back)
- Brushed finish bar ends
- Fork gaiters: So I can make a leather fork gaiter mold and hand make them.
- Biltwell Kung Fu TPV Grips
- BC ignition relocated
- BC rectifier relocation bracket
- Cable extenstion kit
- BAAK brushed finish mini rear fender kit
- Heidenau K60 Scout Dual Sport Tyres
- Almost done making side bags
- Will wrap the new hand grips in leather
- Making a custom slightly thinner seat from a motion base
- Leather fork gaiters
Will update soon with progress pics.
2015 Triumph Thruxton (British Racing Green)
Currently Addicted To Changing Just About Everything On It, For No Apparent Reason.