Thruxton EFi stock seat - Triumph Forum: Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums
Air Cooled Twins Talk Discussion of Hinckley Triumph Twin related matters and topics.

 1Likes
  • 1 Post By JimmyP90
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-03-2018, 12:19 PM Thread Starter
Site Supporter
Grand Prix 500
Main Motorcycle: 2013 bonneville t100
Premium Member
 
kunkledude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Dallas, PA
Posts: 118
Thruxton EFi stock seat

Does anyone know if stock number 2301938 is a gel seat? Its does not list a letter as a prefix. Some older threads listed this part number as either a stock Thruxton EFI seat or Sixty8 promotional seat, neither of which are gel. I found one on craigslist and even though its listed as gel I don't believe it is. Seller claims he got with his $500 promotion voucher when he purchased his 2013 T100. Sorry I don't have a picture. It does look like it can accept a cowl.
Thanks.
kunkledude is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-03-2018, 12:24 PM
Supersport 600
Main Motorcycle: 2014 Bonneville Mag Wheel
Senior Member
 
JimmyP90's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Chicopee, MA
Posts: 163
Quote:
Originally Posted by kunkledude View Post
Does anyone know if stock number 2301938 is a gel seat? Its does not list a letter as a prefix. Some older threads listed this part number as either a stock Thruxton EFI seat or Sixty8 promotional seat, neither of which are gel. I found one on craigslist and even though its listed as gel I don't believe it is. Seller claims he got with his $500 promotion voucher when he purchased his 2013 T100. Sorry I don't have a picture. It does look like it can accept a cowl.

Thanks.


I have the gel seat on my bike. I have the box in my garage. Iíll check when I get home and report back.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
kunkledude likes this.
JimmyP90 is offline  
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-03-2018, 12:29 PM
Team Owner
Main Motorcycle: 08 Bonneville T100 C/S
Senior Member
 
wenzel850's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Pocono Mts. Pa.
Posts: 4,818
I didn't particularly care for my Thruxton gel seat when I had one. It wasn't much if any more comfortable than the stock seat.

Ride safe,

Quentin
wenzel850 is online now  
 
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-03-2018, 12:32 PM Thread Starter
Site Supporter
Grand Prix 500
Main Motorcycle: 2013 bonneville t100
Premium Member
 
kunkledude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Dallas, PA
Posts: 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by wenzel850 View Post
I didn't particularly care for my Thruxton gel seat when I had one. It wasn't much if any more comfortable than the stock seat.
I've heard this before. Hot in summer. I currently have an airhawk so I really don't need it but the price was right.
kunkledude is offline  
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-03-2018, 04:09 PM
Supersport 600
Main Motorcycle: 2014 Bonneville Mag Wheel
Senior Member
 
JimmyP90's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Chicopee, MA
Posts: 163

Thruxton gel seat code

Thruxton gel seat, that Iíve used for about 13k miles. I can only compare it against the stock seat, which I used for as few miles as possible. I like it!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
JimmyP90 is offline  
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-03-2018, 06:48 PM Thread Starter
Site Supporter
Grand Prix 500
Main Motorcycle: 2013 bonneville t100
Premium Member
 
kunkledude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Dallas, PA
Posts: 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyP90 View Post

Thruxton gel seat code

Thruxton gel seat, that Iíve used for about 13k miles. I can only compare it against the stock seat, which I used for as few miles as possible. I like it!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Many thanks. It looks like the same one. I called Hermys today and they told me not to reference the number on the bottom of the seat. Oh well, Iíll just have to sit on it.
kunkledude is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options
All posts must adhere to Forum Rules

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Triumph Forum: Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter your valid email address, that can receive an automated confirmation message. Otherwise, you won't be able to gain full access.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Thruxton aftermarket seat ideas cmw138 Air Cooled Twins Talk 11 12-21-2016 05:50 PM
Street Twin seat question J M L Water Cooled Twins Talk 11 08-21-2016 07:07 PM
Need advice for Thruxton seat? TMccabe Air Cooled Twins Talk 3 06-27-2016 05:07 PM
Bonneville Seat Mod msinghv Air Cooled Twins Talk 14 02-25-2016 09:37 AM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome