Triumph Forum: Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums - View Single Post - Street Riding Gear - What's Your Setup?
View Single Post
post #5 of (permalink) Old 02-25-2014, 07:59 PM
ocswing
Grand Prix 250

I will be the first to admit that I'm a complete gear geek. I have multiple set-ups depending on the weather so I'm probably a bit crazier than the normal rider. I'm lucky to have a Dainese store nearby which is why most of my gear is from them. Only thing I really regret getting is some A* mesh gloves for summer. I don't feel they have enough protection so I stopped wearing them.

I wear my Power Ranger suit for canyon riding and the track. Everything else depends on where I'm going and what the conditions are. I really wouldn't expect most riders to be like me. A single set up with ways to make cold or waterproof is more practical.
  • Helmets - Arai Vector 2, Bell RS-1 (Backup)
  • Jackets - Dainese Alien Perforated Leather, Dainese Shotgun Mesh(Hot), Dainese Aspide D-Dry Textile(Cold, Rain)
  • Pants - Rev-It Enterprise Textile(Commute, Rain), Dainese New Drake Air Textile(Hot)
  • Jeans - Dainese D6, Drayko Renegade
  • Gloves - Dainese Druids ST, Dainese 4-Stroke (Hot), Dainese Carbon Goretex Xtrafit (Cold, Rain) All Leather
  • Boots - Dainese TRQ Out Air, Dainese Asphalt (Casual)
  • Suit - Dainese Laguna Seca Perforated
  • Armor - Dainese Wave G Back Protector and Thorax Protector inserts for my jackets, Dainese Dainese Wave Chest Pro Protector for my suit, Forcefield Limb Tubes Knee Protector for the jeans.
  • Backpack - Kriega R20

A piece of gear I don't have that I would really like is a neck protector. The Leatt STX seems to be the only one really designed for sport riders. Things I'm looking at upgrading include a new helmet. I could use more ventilation and the RS-1 isn't a great fit for me. A new strap-on back/chest protector because the Dainese back protector is technically one-time use only. And lastly new jeans with built-in knee/hip protection. I'm not going to wear leather pants when I go out to dinner with my friends, but I'm also tired of wearing the strap on knee armor. I plan on branching out with brands more as well. No complaints with how my gear performs, but Dainese is pretty expensive.

Last edited by ocswing; 02-25-2014 at 08:02 PM.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome