Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

900 sprint fairing on a Trophy???

1K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Suncoast 
#1 ·
Hi Guys, I was down at a local mall the other day and I spotted a Sprint ST...or so I thought it was but when i got closer it looks to be a 900 trophy with the factory hard bags but a smaller 900 sprint sport fairing, it also seems to have some kind of full length case guards going from the bottom of the fairing to the underside of the bike, Is this a Sprint exec? or a trophy 900 with sprint sport fairing.....which leads me to my next question does anyone know if a sprint sport fairing will fit on a trophy 900 frame? All in all the bike looks good I'd ask the owner but he wasn't around if I see it again i'll try and snap a pic to post.

#3 ·
On 2005-11-20 18:13, blue885 wrote:
The Sprint Exec is essentially a Trophy with the Sprint half-fairing, so that's probably what you saw. I'm curious about the "full-length case guards," though. :???: What did they look like? Were they tubular, like most case guards?
Blue's right and I too am curious about the case gaurds.

#4 ·
I'm thinking it probably was a Sprint exec....It had 90,000kms on it and still looked good, the case guards were unlike any I've seen they were 2 parralel bars about 2 inches apart running beside the cylinders going from just at the bottom of the fairing to the underside of the engine they were dark colored either the gry/grn case color or black and they didn't stick out too far like cruiser case guards, thats why I thought maybe this was a trophy I thought maybe they were some kind of internal fairing supports for a trophy.. I saw the bike there again this weekend so I think maybe the guy works in the mall somewhere, I'll see if I can get some more info.

#5 ·
Okay, I spoke to the owner today and it is a 98 sprint exec, the case gaurds are made by thunderbike in New Zealand, I did a search and found their site they don't have the bars listed but if anyone is interested it probably wouldn't hurt to e-mail them and ask, I'm convinced I want a 900 exec or trophy I just have to find a decent one.........but then again a Sprint ST is tempting too....one day I'll know... :???:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.