Triumph Forum: Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums - View Single Post - "Out The Door" Pricing Advice Needed, pls.
View Single Post
post #22 of (permalink) Old 05-10-2012, 11:27 PM
pedal2metal
Grand Prix 250

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lantesh View Post
I used to sell cars. I can tell you that your method does not get you the best deal, because you don't understand the true costs this way. The best method in my opinion is to calculate the approximate invoice number, and try to buy the vehicle itself for as close to that figure as the dealer is willing to go. Then take the extra stuff, and see what that totals. Get a break down of that, and then work on getting that down as low as possible. Anyone can throw out an arbitrary number. How do you know it is even a good offer? The dealer might be robbing you blind, or your figure might be unrealistic in which case you are wasting your time trying to get the dealer to drop that low.
Lantesh, can you give a bit more clarification about the method you suggest? I did not understand how you suggest one should approach bargaining with the dealer. I just got my price quote today and it is a joke of a bargain. Just $650 off, including 2 accessories.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome