Triumph Forum: Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums - View Single Post - Do you live far from the dealer?
View Single Post
post #24 of (permalink) Old 05-07-2012, 08:39 PM
JRBL1A1
Grand Prix 250

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disco Steve View Post
Are the number of Triumph dealers getting greater? I'm sure Triumph would love to get more dealerships in the US.
They are, but not fast enough. I live in Sioux Falls, SD, and Triumph is desperately trying to get a dealership in my town but the start up and overhead is more than you think.

I was *this* close to buying in to a Victory and Suzuki dealership here in Sioux Falls and the first thing I inquired about was to add triumph to the inventory. My prospective partner was open to the idea so I called Triumph and asked about the details. I about fell out of my chair. Needless to say I did not buy in to the Victory and Suzuki dealership (but not because of the Triumph issue), and three years later Sioux Falls STILL does not have a dealership. It is sad, too. Sioux Falls would be very good for Triumph. It has 150k people, is very clean, very new, many medical and financial employers, and otherwise just a damned fine town.

This I know: if Triumph has a dealership come to Sioux Falls and they did even minor marketing and allowed "take the challenge" demo rides (vs HD, Victory, and Jap), they would sell the America, Speedmasters, T-Birds and Rockets like hotcakes. There are lots of bikers that want a fine bike and don't really care about brand.

Until then, I will give my business to Baxter Cycle in Marne, IA. They truly earned my loyalty.

-JRB

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome