Triumph Forum: Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums - View Single Post - Time for tires!!??
View Single Post
post #20 of (permalink) Old 05-03-2012, 10:22 PM Thread Starter
paulfun
Formula Extreme

Quote:
Originally Posted by curtis41 View Post
A lot of us have been looking for the elusive set of tires for the Thunderbird that also get decent tire mileage. Michelin did well with this tire and I was willing to give it a go. It will probably take a good 100 or even 200 miles to get the slick surface down on the sides of that tire, fresh out of the mold. I got 6200 miles out of the last rear Metzeler and no more than about 6500 miles out of any of them. Great, sticky tire, but a new tire every 6k or so is just not in my future. Got a couple thousand on the Michelin now and the tire seems to get even better as I get more miles on it. If Michelin got bombarded with requests for a front 120/70/19 tire, they might ramp up and offer one in their line. I do not like to mix tires, but cannot afford to support Metzeler forever. The treads are deeper on the Michelin and it does very well on water. Took a couple of trips with rain and almost needed to swim on one of them. So far, so good.
Thanks for the info Curtis.

It should be here tomorrow sometime so now I have to figure the best way to jack this bike up so I can change it.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome