Triumph Forum: Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums - View Single Post - Time for tires!!??
View Single Post
post #9 of (permalink) Old 04-25-2012, 05:03 PM Thread Starter
paulfun
Formula Extreme

Quote:
Originally Posted by linkdog View Post
Have you tried leaning?
I play in the turns more often than not and I dont ***** foot it! No chicken stripsat all and I have worn the feelers down to nothing already. I do use the bike for some slowwer rides with the other half on board and some of those rides dont get out to the edge of the tire as much as I would prefer. BUT 12,000 miles Holly S___!! As stated by joeperry I haver never gotten that many miles on a bike tire myself.

I really dont mind having to change the rear out at 6 or 7 thousand miles BUT at the cost of the metzler ?? If a tire for 130 to 150 bucks can do 6 or 7 thou and hold the bike in the corners it would be much more cost effective and I will simply buy 2 rears and a front and have the second rear ready to go when I need it. That should get me threw the summer as I doubt I will have the time to put more than 12,000 miles on this year.

I was hopeing more people had experimented with other tires and we had more feedback on how long the others held up before I started guessing at it.

Right now my short list consists of the pirrelli night dragons, Avon storm ultra 2, avon avz2 cobra, michellene commander 2 and the bridgestone you mentioned earlyer. I dont mind having to run a tire in 200/55 or mixing the front and rear brands but prefer a matched set when possible.

Right now the perelli night dragons are looking tempting- I could buy two rears and if they do 6k each they will save me something like 155 bucks compared to the metzler for the same milage.

Anyone run them yet?

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome