Triumph Forum: Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums - View Single Post - Car Tire on T'Bird
View Single Post
post #49 of (permalink) Old 04-15-2012, 09:19 PM
Tallboy67
Grand Prix 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomfleming View Post
Well my "weekend" bike is my Tbird and my commuter is a Yamaha FJR 1300. I expect everyone to jump on this and say "well you don't want a car tire on your FJR" and I probably agree. I have Pilot 2s on the Yamaha now and I think they will last longer than the stock. My Tbird Metzeler need changing at 7500 miles and that's the bike I would more likely consider car tire for. I have to maintain my son's bike too (I know he needs to do it but he's in college etc.) and all this maintenance adds up to a headache!
Two very nice bikes!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomfleming View Post
But confession time, I ordered the Michelin Commander 2 for the Tbird last week because you girls scared me out of the car tire! So let's hope Michelin is revolutionizing moto tire longevity!
I ran my Metzeler rear at 40PSI, and had it replaced Saturday at 6000 miles [nail] and the way it was wearing, I know I could've gotten another 4000 miles out of it.

I just wanted to know if a car tire is really "better", and If anyone here has tried it I would be very interested in thier feedback. The cost savings alone would not be enough to sway me.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome