Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

Saw a Storm for the first time and what.....

3K views 13 replies 13 participants last post by  MrTwin 
#1 · (Edited)
A sweet looking bike they are, pictures do not do this bike justice you need to see one in person.

The two I seen were at the dealers both the black gloss models and both sold, the salesperson told me they can't keep up with the orders for this bike, every Storm he has got in his books are all pre sold and if I won the lotto he could add one more for me cheers.

#3 ·
I do like chrome. I've noticed that among Thruxton owners, the blacked-out look is very popular. Personally, I think adding some chrome to mine will really compliment the yellow.

As for the Storm, when you see it in person, it is really well done! Another cool variance is the twin headlights. I think it looks great on that bike!

#5 ·
Chewbaca I have seen one in person. That didn't make me like it any better.

dazco, yes I think you correct that some of the parts just don't seem right done in flat black. It does in a way make it look cheap. Maybe that is why I'm just not digging the look. I however am also of the mind set that not everything looks good in chrome either. There is a point where one can overdo the chrome look as well. The trick is finding the right balance.

#6 ·
Thank god that the eyes of beholders varies. It would be boring otherwise.

I happen to love chrome with light bright colors -yellow, red. And, I like black with darker -green, blue.

Funny though, I love chrome with black.

Just IMO thankfully.

#7 ·
Looked at the Jet black Storm on the show room floor today. Definately looks better in person.. Until today I was still flipping between the Storm/Blue & White Thunderbird/Harley FatBob.. Not any more. My Storm is in the crate tell I'm ready to pick it up. Contemplating swithcing out the instrument visor for chrome, black teardrop mirrors. I like the black Hogslayers, just don't understand why one would buy the slip ons then have to get the headers done yourself anyway. So I will look at the TORS and cost out getting them ceramic coated in black.

#8 ·
The newest issue of RoadBike Magazine had a nice write-up / review on the Storm.

#9 ·
I looked at the Storm and almost bought one but the dealer wouldn't drop one dime off it. I got a black/chrome Tbird 2010 with big bore kit and ABS and definitely am happier since the Storm doesn't have ABS this year, and all black could get old after some time. It's probably a fad that will run its course. I think sport bikes can be all black, but cruisers need a little chrome.

#10 ·
I love the fact that not everyone likes the blacked out look. Why? Because I hate pulling up to a stop light next to a guy with the same bike! That's part of what lured me toward Triumph in the first place. But I have to admit, before I bought the Storm, I took every Victory model (and a few other brands) for a demo ride. I bought the Storm because it's riding position, handling and power band fit my riding style perfectly. What really sold me though... the quality of the bike felt head and shoulders above any other bike I've ever ridden. The topper was that matte black finish! Don't get me wrong, I love the looks of a nicely done, chromed out cruiser too. I think the world needs variety though. :)

#12 ·
Well said Scotty. I was set on getting a high gloss chromed up bike, but just fell in love with matte black. I love this bike and I get a ton of compliments on it. It stands out nicely amongst all the Harleys at work. There is even a "murdered out" (i.e., matte black) Harley at work and I definitely think the Triumph puts it to shame (although I'm obviously biased :) ).

By the way, all 2012 Storms have ABS standard (according to my local dealer).

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.