Triumph Forum: Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums - View Single Post - Rode the Storm
Thread: Rode the Storm
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 03-24-2012, 10:05 AM Thread Starter
sgnden
Grand Prix 125

Rode the Storm

So finally had the chance to take a decent ride on a 2012 Storm.

Really liked that thing. It ran strong and felt impressively tight. Handling was excellent and it pulled out of corners (and anywhere for that matter) as I expected.

I loved the clean, basic, "elemental" feel of riding that bike. Exactly what I am looking for in an overall fun bike that has balls and not a lot of bling.

I explained to the dealer that I am not going to spend any time playing price games but I do want competitive and fair price. That does not mean list price. I know I can buy from a wholesaler type and have it shipped from Florida or NY or wherever, but I'd rather buy locally if it makes sense.

I told them the few accessories and warranty I want as part of the overall deal then asked for their all-in price...one time...one price all-in (OTD) and told them it is 100% fine if they don't want to work this way and I'd just move-on.

So far the original dealer has come-back with a price, still need the 4 other regional dealers to send me their prices...then I'll make the decision and off we'll go.

Looking forward to it!!!

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome