Triumph Forum: Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums - View Single Post - New to Forum and New to Riding.
View Single Post
post #12 of (permalink) Old 03-10-2012, 07:48 AM
Deanno
Formula Extreme

I've been riding a year and a half. Took the riders course and bought the bike I had my eye on, a 2010 America. Love the bike but made the happy mistake of test riding the Thunderbird and TB Storm after having only six months or 1500 miles under my ares. I was so enamored with the Storm I annoyed the dealer with a couple of more test rides last season. Needless to say, I was sold on the Storm and am trading my America (can't wait to pick it up next week). Having said that, I was not comfortable initially with riding such a large bike. But after getting my wheels under me I got the courage to test out the TB.I do, however, believe that it was best that I started out on the America even though it cost me more in the long run.

To my way of thinking the Bird handles easier than the America, albeit heavier to move around. I suspect that the rake and the low slung frame design make that happen. The TB is an amazingly smooth and exhilarating ride. Can't wait the have that torque-inducing grin going down the road.

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome